2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Awsome car
By Cycliste1961 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Low initial cost and low cost to maintain. I have lifetime oil and filter changes. I am a no fuss guy who wants a reliable car with the lowest possible fuel consumption. Great steering wheel response. Super maneuverability and great road feel. This is equivalent to the Corolla of the 80's. A car for those of us who cannot be bothered with vehicle problems.

Great car
By Carl on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 odyssey, which i have determined is too large for city driving, but great for the long haul as we run up and down the coast from Savannah to Cocoa beach. As a result i purchased a 2009, 25,000 mile Yaris sedan to tool around town . Great car, turning radius, great fit into parking lots, easy to maneuver, and an average of 33.7MPG in the city. (mind you, not a metropolis city, but more like long island. This also removes the wear and tare from my Odyssey which i reserve for the relaxing long haul, especially since my wife likes to drive!

after 18 months
By harshad on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 18 months and 23,000 miles it's been a smooth sailing so far. I get 36- 38 mpg in spring through fall and 35 in winter. all the cup holders and bins are plus. automatic transmission is slow but adequate for commute. hope its reliability is as good as my other toyotas.

Yaris
By Natalie on 09/03/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Yaris for about a year and a half and I have had no problems with the car. I used to own a small car so I am used to the small engine so this may have an effect on my review.

Nice car
By Catman on 06/30/10 06:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a 95 van that got 13 MPG on a good day and wanted a green vehicle. So far I really like my car. In the summer I average 36-38 MPG. In the winners it's more like 33-34. I travel about 60/40 (highway/city) in a hilly area. On a flat highway I get 42+ mpg. The Yaris is not a luxury car but it has a decent ride and plenty of pep. In fact it's more comfortable to drive than my LeSabre because the seats are high, and you don't feel like you're sitting on the ground like you do in a Corvette or Firebird. The center console takes some getting use to but at night you don't have any distractions and it's easier to see. Good air and heat. It's a very fine economical car

Review after 17 months of ownership
By Bill on 06/02/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a new car that I could reasonably expect would be economical (good mpg) & reliable (no problems). After 17 months of ownership & 15,550 miles my cumulative gas mileage is 42.7 mpg. I've not had ANY mechanical or electrical problems with the auto. I've taken it in for the 5K, 10K, & 15K routine maintenance & that is it.

Good little car.
By Stick Shift Driver on 05/25/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I turned 16 my parents bought a practical economy car so I could get to school and work. The car rides nice for an economy car, and it rides and sits higher than my Dad's Honda Fit. The car is obviously not that fast, but it can swiftly accelerate when it needs to. I really like the center mounted gauges. The car doesn't really have much other than the power package, which I actually didn't want, but it was all the dealer had. The car has a lot of headroom for a tiny car, and the rear seats can fold down to make more cargo room. I originally wanted a truck, but I am happy with 42 on the highway, and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy a practical commuting car.

Hybrid-like gas mileage.
By Mike C. on 05/25/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the closest you're going to get to a hybrid, without an electric or diesel motor. Right now I'm averaging about 36 mpg with aggressive 60/40 city/hwy driving. And get over 40 mpg hwy. It's an amazing car, with the room and comfort of some mid-sized vehicles. I also drive a Tacoma, and have found the Yaris more comfortable. Contrary to other posts, I have found my Yaris auto to be quite peppy. It won't set speed records, but it's very practical. I got a feeling that this will be a keeper for a long time to come.

'09 Yaris
By Rob on 05/21/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my '09 Yaris. Dealer can, VERY LOW MILEAGE. I was lucky to find one with the 5 speed man. trans. With a combination of city/highway driving and I am able to get 47.8 mpg CONSISTENTLY. I am very impressed with the car's quality and the quietness of the engine even at highway speeds. As far as the center mounted instruments are concerned. At first I found them to be very awkward, but after just a few days I am very comfortable with the center location..

Death Mobile!
By Teenage Driver on 04/17/10 23:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Hi this is my second review the Title I used before this one is "I like mine". Since my last review I have experienced an episode of Unintended acceleration. After school was out I started my car my car was in neutral since it's a standard when my engine revved up like I was pressing the gas pedal So I turn it off & start it again & it's normal again so as I was heading home I was using the cruise control when out of no where it started accelerating so I pushed the brakes because usually it deactivates the cruise but this time it didn't. It got up 2 the speed of 95 MPH when I shift it to neutral I was able to stop but the engine kept revving. Stay away from toyota yaris's they are defective as well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Yaris in VA is:

$132 per month*