Used 2009 Toyota Yaris S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

A fun little car
By Very Proud

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in our ford mustang for this car. We got the high end one with the McPherson suspension and manual transmission and so far we love it. Have had no problems, handles bad weather good and gets excellent gas mileage. The rear seat is surprisingly roomy for a sedan. Handling is fun to drive!! Will recommend to anyone. But only the manual transmission the automatic seems to stressed out.

Everything

More isolation from wind noise

Echo Lovers Come On Over
By Carol

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Toyota Echo, and drove it for 8 years with excellent satisfaction. I was hoping to drive it 8 more but was hit by another vehicle running a red light. Even so it handled beautifully and stayed upright. I searched to replace it and couldn't find another Echo. I looked for the closest thing..a 2009 Toyota Yaris. I love it. I recommend it. Gas mileage highway miles about 43 mpg. Plenty of pep and handles well. Try it, you'll like it:)

I always spilled pop on the cup holders in the center. Now they open and close and are hidden when not it use at the top dash area. I like that feature. Easier to clean. Good looks. Compact size maneuvers into parking spaces easily.

Wider front span. Substantial, but I think the Echo was a tad larger in front.