2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Review after 17 months of ownership
By Bill on 06/02/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a new car that I could reasonably expect would be economical (good mpg) & reliable (no problems). After 17 months of ownership & 15,550 miles my cumulative gas mileage is 42.7 mpg. I've not had ANY mechanical or electrical problems with the auto. I've taken it in for the 5K, 10K, & 15K routine maintenance & that is it.

'09 Yaris
By Rob on 05/21/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my '09 Yaris. Dealer can, VERY LOW MILEAGE. I was lucky to find one with the 5 speed man. trans. With a combination of city/highway driving and I am able to get 47.8 mpg CONSISTENTLY. I am very impressed with the car's quality and the quietness of the engine even at highway speeds. As far as the center mounted instruments are concerned. At first I found them to be very awkward, but after just a few days I am very comfortable with the center location..

Death Mobile!
By Teenage Driver on 04/17/10 23:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Hi this is my second review the Title I used before this one is "I like mine". Since my last review I have experienced an episode of Unintended acceleration. After school was out I started my car my car was in neutral since it's a standard when my engine revved up like I was pressing the gas pedal So I turn it off & start it again & it's normal again so as I was heading home I was using the cruise control when out of no where it started accelerating so I pushed the brakes because usually it deactivates the cruise but this time it didn't. It got up 2 the speed of 95 MPH when I shift it to neutral I was able to stop but the engine kept revving. Stay away from toyota yaris's they are defective as well.

I like mine
By Teenage driver on 03/21/10 22:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My mother bought this car for me last year. I commute everyday to school since in Montana we hav a lot of rural places. this car has awesome gas mileage and it has a smooth ride. The stock speakers are nothing special but I replaced them with JBL speakers i found in another Toyota that was wrecked. Oh and I also get lifetime oil changes. During the winter just get a sand bag n put it in the trunk these cars tend to slide their tales in a turn as I experienced a couple of times. Would recommend to anyone the manual is awesome skip the automatic I test drove one and it was pathetic.

Amazing
By Andrew on 12/21/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying a Yaris I did a ton of research on comparable cars and came to the conclusion that the Yaris Sedan was the best bang for the buck. I have not been disappointed. I love this car! Toyota was also offering 0% financing, so it was an even better deal. Comfortable and quiet (for the price), amazing gas mileage, and Toyota reliability. I couldn't be happier. In my opinion, the Yaris Sedan is the best car in its class... and I have looked at tons of other cars for comparison. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Go Yaris
By love it on 10/21/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the gas mileage and low fuel costs! Very Comfortable on long trips for my 5ft 7 inch frame. Very quiet! I can hold Blue Tooth Cell phone conversations at highway speed. Love the small car maneuverability after years of driving a Dodge Grand Caravan. Very quick steering and short turn radius.

Too Americanized
By viztor on 08/05/09 06:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car except for driving. Poor handling, steering imprecise at highway speeds, shifting into 5th is clunky, visibility out of vehicle poor (thick door posts, headrests block lines of sight), bigger blind spot than my old car. Our old 1978 or 1981 Civics would eat the Yaris alive and spit out the pieces. Driving is now a chore, not an enjoyable experience. No ash tray (good for storing insurance card, etc.), no external antenna (degrades reception), speedometer needle hard to see when wearing sunglasses, have to check proper operation, but rear seat seat belts seem to be obstacles when the seat is down.

Great Car for Great Price
By Charles on 08/04/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a third car for my commute. I have a Tacoma but the gas was killing me. My wife drives a Prius but we did not feel like spending 24,000 for another car. We got the Yaris for 13,000 out the door and it has been great. No problems at all. Fun to drive, first few tanks of gas has been averaging 36- 39 mpg. Very fun to drive.

Love this car!!! Jackpot!
By sarahf on 07/06/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 4 door, as I sometimes have to use a carseat, manual trans. I bought this car to commute to work 100 miles/day 5 days/wk. I get average 40 MPG at avg. 70 mph. Great on gas! Comfortable. Large trunk. I have a 3 y/o who sometimes rides with me, we have a larger carseat, it fits! I have not been disappointed with this buy! I have put 8000 miles on it so far!

Everything I wanted
By Bill on 06/11/09 23:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted a car that will get me from point A to point B, & to do it in reasonable comfort & with 100% reliability & to do so over 200,000 miles. I've not been disappointed in the first 5,015 miles. No problems, no surprise mechanical sounds, & the manual tranny is as smooth as an automatic tranny. I changed the oil at 600 miles & wish I'd changed it at 500 miles because it was BLACK. Subsequent oil changes at 1,500 mile intervals have been relative clean. I really like the TIGHT 180 degree U- turn diameter

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*