2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
4 Years and 125000 Klm's
By skipper22 on 12/02/12 20:12 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Yaris for nearly 4 years now and sadly I just sold it as I didn't need it any longer. But I can attest to great fuel economy, fantastic quality, and a terrific resale. I have 125000 klm's on this baby and never once in the dealer for ANY problems whatsoever. Regular oil changes 8-10000 k's etc., and never a moments problem. So much so, I now have a 2011 Corolla.

Good car but others have gotten better
By emajor on 06/27/11 11:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Our Yaris is a 2008 and we are now 3 1/2 years and 36,000 miles into our ownership. Car has been perfectly reliable and exceeds EPA ratings, we regularly see 40 to 44 mpg highway, 30+ in town. Roomy up front, with lots of legroom, but narrow. Backseat has enough legroom & headroom for 6-footers and under. Large trunk. Lots of storage pockets, the center gauges are no problem, and the interior is pretty nice. Less road noise than the Fit. Problems: The engine has enough power, but the 4 speed automatic needs another gear or two. Driving position is terrible for taller drivers; the wheel is too far away, and the pedals too close. Pay attention to this during your test drive.

Two years now 20000 miles
By dadinfo on 01/24/11 09:49 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It performs great for most of our driving. Mom drives it mostly and is in love, head over heels. OVER 40 MPG ! ! !

Best car I've ever owned
By St.Louis.Girl on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris in a pinch when my old one blew up and left me stranded. I needed a car in a hurry and I was craving reliability after that car maintenance fiasco - so I went straight to Toyota. I've had the car for a year an a half and 18,000 miles. I love it. No problems at all, drove it from St. Louis to Galveston and back comfortably with 2 people and a dog on board. It has better acceleration, a smoother and quieter ride and overall better quality than any other small car that I've ever had - or been riding in for that matter. Also easy to get in and out of, even the back seat, even for my 6'4" brother. I would recommend this car to anyone, 100 times over.

Awsome car
By Cycliste1961 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Low initial cost and low cost to maintain. I have lifetime oil and filter changes. I am a no fuss guy who wants a reliable car with the lowest possible fuel consumption. Great steering wheel response. Super maneuverability and great road feel. This is equivalent to the Corolla of the 80's. A car for those of us who cannot be bothered with vehicle problems.

Great car
By Carl on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 odyssey, which i have determined is too large for city driving, but great for the long haul as we run up and down the coast from Savannah to Cocoa beach. As a result i purchased a 2009, 25,000 mile Yaris sedan to tool around town . Great car, turning radius, great fit into parking lots, easy to maneuver, and an average of 33.7MPG in the city. (mind you, not a metropolis city, but more like long island. This also removes the wear and tare from my Odyssey which i reserve for the relaxing long haul, especially since my wife likes to drive!

Yaris
By Natalie on 09/03/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Yaris for about a year and a half and I have had no problems with the car. I used to own a small car so I am used to the small engine so this may have an effect on my review.

Review after 17 months of ownership
By Bill on 06/02/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a new car that I could reasonably expect would be economical (good mpg) & reliable (no problems). After 17 months of ownership & 15,550 miles my cumulative gas mileage is 42.7 mpg. I've not had ANY mechanical or electrical problems with the auto. I've taken it in for the 5K, 10K, & 15K routine maintenance & that is it.

Good little car.
By Stick Shift Driver on 05/25/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I turned 16 my parents bought a practical economy car so I could get to school and work. The car rides nice for an economy car, and it rides and sits higher than my Dad's Honda Fit. The car is obviously not that fast, but it can swiftly accelerate when it needs to. I really like the center mounted gauges. The car doesn't really have much other than the power package, which I actually didn't want, but it was all the dealer had. The car has a lot of headroom for a tiny car, and the rear seats can fold down to make more cargo room. I originally wanted a truck, but I am happy with 42 on the highway, and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy a practical commuting car.

'09 Yaris
By Rob on 05/21/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my '09 Yaris. Dealer can, VERY LOW MILEAGE. I was lucky to find one with the 5 speed man. trans. With a combination of city/highway driving and I am able to get 47.8 mpg CONSISTENTLY. I am very impressed with the car's quality and the quietness of the engine even at highway speeds. As far as the center mounted instruments are concerned. At first I found them to be very awkward, but after just a few days I am very comfortable with the center location..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*