Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Love my YARIS 2009, great gas saver for the city
By Carlo

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used Yaris 2009 from car dealership. I found great price with low miles 44,000. Great condition like brand new. The original owner did not drive this much and took good care of this. I was impressed.......

I fell in love with Yaris just because it's a great gas saver for the driving city. And easy to park on street.

Cute inside/outside and a little bit roomy. Great cup holder for the drink, I like that idea. No big deal for the back seats because almost no one ride in my Yaris LOL yeah only if someone ask me for a ride or give them a ride.

Not a good idea for taller person over 6'0". It's for short people under 5'9" like me perfect fit in my Yaris......

Yaris is fun to drive and cute hatchback like eggs.......

Super Little Car
By Toyota Fan

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter as my husband drives 80 miles round trip daily. We have almost 34,000 miles on it and get 43-44 mpg on the highway consistently, driving at 65 mph. This car is fun to drive, corners nicely, accelerates quickly, and is amazingly quiet for a small car. I was a little antsy about safety in such a small car, until my husband hit a deer the other night at 55 mph and sustained no damage to the frame or engine compartment, nor to himself I am happy to say! We haven't experienced any problems at all with our Yaris, and plan to keep this car for a long time to come.

Reliability, safety, economy.

It was bought as a bare-bones economy car, and does the job just fine. I do wish though that the cup holders would accommodate the larger insulated cups.

My best car!
By CoBfan1987

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first brand new car and have not been disappointed one bit. In regards to the review by edmunds: When I test drove the automatic, I did notice more lack of power output. Its a good thing I was stubborn and would only buy a manual. Much higher power output. ;) And there is not a thing wrong with centrally placed gauges, its just different. It then allows for not 1, not 2...but 3 separate glove box storage areas.

Great gas mileage (35 - 38 mpg) and very dependable. Great for parking in crowded areas with small spots and parallel parking! Great price!

No suggested improvements.

Best small car for the $
By psaw

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for a commuter, and it does its job nicely. No complaints at all. If you understand what a subcompact car is before you go car shopping, then, and only then will you understand that this car is worth every penny. BTW, I took it off roading a while back, not by choice, and it did better than expected. Very tough.

Simple design, legendary Toyota reliability, and of course, the prestige that accompanies driving a car that requires you to have complete inner security (I got made fun of by high school girls the other night at the movie store).

A cowboy hat rack on the ceiling.

08 Yaris - everything I wanted
By Chris

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle to get me to work, store, etc. This is it. I've had this car 10 months, put 16K miles on it, and it hasn't given me an ounce of trouble. On an average tank of gas, combination of highway/town, I get between 39-41mpg. I run 80mph on the interstate with plenty left, handles great. The dash in the middle takes getting used to, and the corner posts are too thick, impeding vision, especially backing out of a parking place, I would like to see a tach, temp gauges. Besides that, this car is great. No regrets.

Corner posts are a real safety issue that will get people hurt. They need to be redesigned. Add a tach, temp gauge option.