Used 2009 Toyota Yaris S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great little commuter car
By Volocty

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. It is everything we were looking for in a small commuter car. My wife calls it the Hummingbird, because it requires so little fuel to get around. We chose the "S" and Power package, which gives you all the features you need. My only complaint is that the Turn-signal indicator is too quiet. We choose the Manual 5-spd and have no regrets. Seats are firm, visibility is OK, center-mount dash layout takes a little while to get use to, but is very nice at night, since there is no light distraction directly in front of you. And we love the style and look of the "S" model.

Gas mileage is wonderful. Parking is a snap.

Louder Turn-signal indicator (just can't hear it).

Excellent choice
By Blaze

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, both inside and out. I am getting 35 mpg on average and I think this number will go up after the winter is over. This car has everything I need and is a great commuter vehicle. It is roomy inside, I had two snowboards and some other equipment in the back with the back seats folded down and another person on the passenger side, no problem at all.

Simple design, manual transmission, great fuel economy, versatility.

Heated mirrors and nav system. These features are offered in Canada on the same vehicle, why not in US.