Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Love my YARIS 2009, great gas saver for the city
By Carlo

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used Yaris 2009 from car dealership. I found great price with low miles 44,000. Great condition like brand new. The original owner did not drive this much and took good care of this. I was impressed.......

I fell in love with Yaris just because it's a great gas saver for the driving city. And easy to park on street.

Cute inside/outside and a little bit roomy. Great cup holder for the drink, I like that idea. No big deal for the back seats because almost no one ride in my Yaris LOL yeah only if someone ask me for a ride or give them a ride.

Not a good idea for taller person over 6'0". It's for short people under 5'9" like me perfect fit in my Yaris......

Yaris is fun to drive and cute hatchback like eggs.......

Great Litte Car But.....
By chris logan

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 3 door hatch with Automatic Transmission. Bought new and have put 117,000 miles on it as I commute 30 miles each way to work, mostly freeway. MPG is pretty darn good at about 33 in winter and 36 summer.
I change the oil regularly and the only thing I had to replace other than tires and wipers was the battery. The problems are that Toyota messed up with the instrument panel. The horrible Amber color is hard to see at times and dims when you put the headlights on. At night its not an issue, but daytime it can be.
I live 6 miles off the highway on a very curvy and hilly road. It's great around corners, but the long steep grade isn't so good. If there is Snow, forget it.. I've nearly not made it home, due to the hills. If it was flat, it'd probably be okay if you drove sanely. But all in all it is a good car. I just wish it had 4 wheel drive.

NADIR
By Nadir

2009 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best for Buck, I never expand single $ except windshield wipers after 3 year, windshield fluid each six month, Oil change every month, battery after 4 year, staring fluid after 3 year, breaks each year and tires after each 2 year. timing belt after 6 year. This car start every day and run smooth since April 2009. I recommend this car for collage student or recent pass out and daily commuters. It is good at wet and snow too just use good brand tire like Brigstone, Fire stone or BFgoodrich.

Great car
By vrod305

2009 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a preowned 2009 Yaris S in January with 77,500 miles on it. Have put 16,000 miles on it since. It's an amazing car. Decent gas mileage, relatively quiet and very reliable. I've had no issues with it other than a headlight going out (which my mechanic didn't even charge to replace). I'm 6'3 and I fit fine in it. Does have trouble with going up mountain, but with 106 horsepower, you have to accept that. Would be nice if it had automatic looks, but that's not too big a deal. I would suggest a Yaris to anyone. This is also after I had a 2000 Echo that I drove for six years and got rid of with 199,800 miles on it.

Great gas mileage and looks great.

Automatic locks.

4 yr. ownership review
By hborgaonkar

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 50000 miles and four years the car has been great. lot of people still ask about this car. great value. its not great in acceleration but smooth at 70mph. Got a new 6 in. touchscreen kenwood stereo with bluetooth audio and telephone, ipod integration, and pandora to bring it to today's AV standard. It does great with snow tires in Minnesota winters. My wife prefers this car in snow over her new Sienna and Acura TSX. That's says something about this car. Just another great Toyota

cute looks, reliability

get a performance version to match Fiesta and little better interior trim feel