2008 Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What a great car!

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

What a great car!
By HappyYarisOwner on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have to say I was a tad hesitant to buy such a small vehicle, but after having it for a week, I can honestly say it does not feel small at all, either in terms of interior comfort, or the way that it handles and feels on the road. I normally drive cars with manual trans., so switching to an auto had me a little concerned, but in test driving them, I found that the auto seemed a little quieter on the highway. I do not regret the switch to auto at all, in spite of my reservations. The car feels just quick enough to get it where it needs to go (passing, climbing hills etc), and offers great fuel economy. I have filled the tank 3 times, and have averaged about 36mpg 50/50 city/hwy.

Favorite Features

Driver's side glove box, bottle holders, interior is surprisingly roomy, center speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

power windows/locks/keyless entry, ABS, and side airbags should be standard if you ask me. I would love it if there was a 5door hatch in the US too.