2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Solid!

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Solid!
By KK on

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I needed to buy an economy car and I'd read a lot of good things about the Yaris (I did a lot of car research!), but I was concerned about getting something solid and safe; I didn't want to drive a "tin can". When I finally tried the '08 Yaris sedan, I was happily amazed. Surprisingly solid for an economy car! Has all the extras (side curtain air bags, ABS brakes, power everything) which pushed up the price but still was a great deal. Gas mileage is the best I ever had on a car. I've driven it almost a week and the tank level has barely moved. I'm surprised this car doesn't get more attention.

Favorite Features

I find that having the console in the center makes it easier than having to look at it through the wheel! Adapted to it immediately; I don't have to "adjust" to see. Also love: solidness; gas mileage; "good looks" factor; roomy interior and trunk; good quality sound system.

Suggested Improvements

For the price, it's a great investment. I've driven four other cars and this is my favorite yet. I plan on driving it until it's run into the ground, and with a Toyota, that should be years and years from now!