2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: So much FUN to drive!

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

So much FUN to drive!
By coco on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have the 5 door hatchback!! Our van was falling apart so we replaced our gas guzzling 2000 Venture van with the Yaris, and we wish we had done it earlier! The interior is clean & simple. The car is fun to drive! The many compartments are awesome & I really like the cup holders, they are easy to grab and sip. I drive each day and we really needed something that is easy on the gas, which this is. To me the Yaris is the real "smart car"... great on fuel & seats 5 people!

Excellent gas mileage!! Love the storage compartments, back windows roll down all the way. All you have to do to start the engine is twist the key to "start" and it starts on its own. Very easy to park, very roomy for a compact, includes a cargo cover, other automakers has that as an option.

Another cigarette lighter would be nice, we use ours to charge our cellphones/DVD player. I don't understand why the cigarette lighter doesn't work when the car is shut off, weird! I wish the speedometer was where the tach is...sometimes its hard to see the exact speed because of the angle.