Pretty Freakin Sweet
By Mattp2425 on
2008 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
The 1.5 4 speed engine in this lightweight, low-to-the-ground package has all the get-up n' go you'd ever need for safe driving on a fast highway. Picks up from 75 to 110 w/no problem. Good performance in 3rd & 4th gear. Very little low end (duh). Nice tight turning radius, which is quite a compliment since my other car is a Wrangler. Ergonomics: cozy but I'm baffled by the cup holder behind my steering wheel. I guess I could keep my phone & wallet in there. The flint mica 'S' trim looks tight & will look better with a few inexpensive tricks. 18" chrome rims, 35% window tint & I'm in the air about the bra. That almost-vertical front end is distinctive but it could eat some stones on the hwy.
Favorite Features
MPG, throttle, brakes, & handling are all responsive in 3rd & 4th gear, noise is pretty low, crs ctrl is peppy & the controls are well positioned, decent trunk space, stereo & speakers sound great, auto tranny is smooth when you shift manually, bright cabin lights, good adjustability on seats.
Suggested Improvements
15" tires are 1st to go -make room for 17 or 18's. Sluggish off the line but it picks up by 3rd gear. The aux cable receptacle is almost impossible to access from the drivers side w/out flashlight. Tilt steering needs more travel. Entertainment console design & display is dull. Cloth seats are ugly.