2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Peppy, economical, cute, and f

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Peppy, economical, cute, and fun!
By David H on

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Yaris for 6 weeks. So far, there are no problems whatsoever. The car is a lot of fun to drive. Due to the variable valve timing, the engine is very flexible. It pulls, no matter what gear you are in or where you are in the rev range. Have no fear about this car being under powered. It is not. It is best described as peppy. The fuel economy is fantastic! I average 33 mpg in city driving and 40 mpg on the highway. I am 6' 2" and find the front seats very comfortable. I really like the center gauges. When I get in a "normal" car, I wonder why the gauges are hidden behind the steering wheel. I love the cute styling.

Fuel economy, flexible engine, crisp manual transmission, cute stying, center gauges.

Put the front cup holders where they belong, no higher than lap level. It also would be good if the rear window defroster would automatically turn off after a few minutes.