Never thought I would like a compact
By HuntingtonBeach on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I always had SUVs or mid-size sedans and thought I would never get stuck in a compact as small as the Yaris. I did so, for the mileage only. After driving it for a week, I love it. The stress of paying at the pump is gone. Before my daughter saw the car, she suggested that I get tint, so people wouldn't see me. After I got it, she thought it was pretty cool. I went to a major public event, when I came driving out of the parking lot and my window was down, people walking by started asking me questions, about the car. All the other cars in the lot were Mercedes and BMWs. It seemed as if everyone was more impressed with the Yaris. I haven't paid so little for a vehicle, since 1980.
Favorite Features
The Yaris is fun to drive. It handles great. Good acceleration. I go 80 without even trying. Everyone who has seen it is impressed. The hatchback is very cool looki Its the best looking small car out there and its environmentally friendly. I feel like I am making a statement driving this car
Suggested Improvements
An arm rest, in the hatchback. Seatbelts closer, too far to reach. Inside hatch release. More tilt to the drivers seat. Steering wheel seems too far away, at first, but you get used to it.