More money left for beer and pizza!
By The_Dude on
2008 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I recently replaced my 05 Saturn Vue with this car. I just like the idea of being able to travel more than 300+ mi. in 11 gallons of gas as opposed to +/- 300 mi. in 16 gallons of gas in my Vue. That is 5 gallons less and 100 more miles. My last fillup, I got 38 mi to a gallon. You can't beat that for a reliable, inexpensive non hybrid fuel efficient car. It drives pretty decent, acceleration from 0-60 is sub par (under 10 sec) but I bought it for it's fuel efficiency in mind. Since I installed an SGII, I am more conscious about how I drive and how much fuel I use. It can be fun to drive with the manual but the automatic is not bad once you got it going.
Favorite Features
Essentially, it's fuel efficiency and lowest cost of ownership. It's compact size is perfect for parking in downtown where parking is limited. It's an inexpensive commuter car for people who are tired of paying big bucks in the pump. Now I have more beer money!
Suggested Improvements
A keyless entry should be standard. A cruise control would be nice. And maybe a little more HP would be great like the MINI.