2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Love it but ...

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Love it but ...
By Krystyna on

2008 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2000 Honda Civic was stolen and completely stripped and I was forced to purchase a new vehicle. I looked at the Chevy Aveo, the Nissan Versa, the Honda Fit, and the Yaris. The Yaris was the most affordable and I was able to get the options I wanted (i.e. alarm, car starter, ABS, power package). I enjoy driving this car and it is very comfortable for me. The only thing is, this little car can be quite noisy when switching gears and the ABS feel a bit "mushy" for a lack of a better word. I have 1,300 miles on my car right now and I am concerned I need to have the brakes checked. People have said that I am just use to a Honda which is a much quieter car with smoother braking.

The cup holders are awesome! Nothing goes flying across the car when you make a turn. The dashboard makes the inside look like a cockpit!

I think the brakes need work and the car needs a better exhaust system. I feel like I need a new muffler with only 1,300 on my car.