I LOVE my Yaris
By Miss Thang on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this vehicle for its fuel economy as my daily commuter. I have been getting close to 40MPG regularly as most of my driving in on the highway and that it is going to and from the mountains to Denver every day which means it would suck more gas going up "the hill" where I have to downshift to get more speed. If I was on flat highway I would imagine it would get even HIGHER! I took a road trip to New Mexico with my two children and my husband and it fit us and our small bags without a problem and we got about 39 MPG even driving 80 MPH most of the way. It was as comfortable as our other larger crossover AWD vehicle. I have been very pleased with my purchase.
Favorite Features
Lots of room and storage. Excellent fuel economy!! Never gotten below the top 36 MPG listed for highway driving. Plenty of get-up-and-go, never lacking for power! Room - I am a 5'8" female and the room in this vehicle is incredible.
Suggested Improvements
Only thing I could even come close to saying is maybe more or better sound system. That is really just a nice-to-have item since that is not why I bought the vehicle.