Great value
By MadJen on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I really wanted a Toyota because of their resale value and I managed to get this totally bare bones car and does not have any extra features AT ALL, not even power locks or windows. Having said that, I now have a very affordable Toyota that is holding its value, especially with gas prices going up. Gets 36 mpg in the city and over 40 on the highway. The lack of a tachometer has never bothered me. My main concern with the car is that in the winter on snowy roads (we had a doozy here this year) it is like driving a go-kart on ice skates. I plan to get new tires before this winter to see if it helps.
Favorite Features
Large opening on the hatchback means I can put bulky items in the back, such as a chair or large plastic bins. People are constantly surprised at how comfortable it is to ride in, even in the back seat. Toyota quality, great gas mileage, and a low monthly payment = nuff said!
Suggested Improvements
Better quality plastic for the interior. There were not any manuals that had ANY optional features, nor were any scheduled to become available in my area. ALL of the Manuals were bare-bones only. If you have winter conditions, get a tire upgrade ASAP.