2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Great little vehicle, love it

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great little vehicle, love it so far
By pob138 on

2008 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It'll be two weeks tomorrow that I've owned this car. The gas mileage is very good. I got about 380 miles out of the first tank (11.1 gallons) and I think that once I'm more accustomed to it, I'll do a bit better (I had a 94 escort, so this has much better acceleration than I'm used to). It drives better on the interstate than I thought it would with enough passing speed. Turning radius is tight, handling is better than expected and the ride is smooth for a sub-compact. Interior is roomy, I'm 6'2" and have no problem with leg/head room, but it sits me a little too high. The cargo space is amazing for its size, having 3 glove boxes is nice. All around, I'm very pleased.

I think the overall look is great (I have the blazing blue Pearl). I like the fold-flat rear seats, multiple storage spaces and the center-mounted dash display is perfect for me because of my placement of my hand on the wheel.

Tilt w/more than 2 settings, raise/lower seat, digital speedometer (angle of needle is misleading within a few mph). Also, I realize that it is a sub-compact hatch-back, but there are some fairly bad blind spots when merging left, though it's side-view mirrors are fairly large. More powerful stereo.