2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Great Little Car
By Scott on

2008 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Last fall while gas prices were on the way up I traded my Mazda MPV. I told the salesman I wanted automatic transmission, air conditioning, CD player and great gas mileage at the lowest price possible. He pulled up a Yaris. After a test drive I agreed it fit the bill. Now 1 year later after going thru $4.00 plus per gallon gas prices and rough Michigan roads the car is holding up amazingly well. I consistently get 37-40 miles per gallon, and all I do is get the oil and filter changed at 5000 mile intervals. Now gas prices are under $2.00 per gallon I can fill up for $10.00-$15.00. The car hauls four full size adults in reasonable comfort and we always get comments.

Great gas mileage, sticker price on this car was only $13,300. Park it anywhere. Good comfort for this small of a vehicle.

I only wish Toyota offered a dealer installed cruise control kit (they don't have one as of right now).