Great little car
By kernal on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I have a 2007 Camry XLE V6 which I use for long trips. I wanted a small economical new car with good mileage to drive around locally. I compared the Chev Aveo, the Smart car and a small Kia. I felt the Toyota Yaris would meet my needs and I have not been disappointed. The mpg is very good above advertised. The car is comfortable, fun and easy to drive. For a small 2 door hatchback it has a surprising amount interior room. With the rear 60-40 rear seat down it has a great cargo space in the back. I added a few options for comfort and appearance. As with any small car it sways on the highway in high crosswinds. Overall I am very pleased with this car. It does cost a little more than similar.
Favorite Features
My Yaris has auto trans and the power package with electric windows, good radio and rear wiper with heated glass. I like the standard features that come with the base model. High mileage was my reason for buying this car. All Yaris' have a great 1.5 L engine with 4 valves per cyl and VVT.
Suggested Improvements
I was disappointed that the Yaris is in short supply and it is hard to find what you want on this car. The Toyota web site says that the car comes with quite a few options. You cannot order a car from the factory with your desired features. You must take what comes off the truck carrier. Bummer.