2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Fun little car

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Yaris

Fun little car
By Buddy on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Ford Excursion for this little car. After driving a monster SUV, I find this car to be nimble and quick. It's the only cheap car that a 6'2" man can slip in and out of easily. It's noisy on the freeway but handles well enough that I don't feel I'm in a death trap. I drive on Houston's busy interstate system, even in the rain and my lil' Yaris holds its own which really surprised me! I miss my monster SUV, but hey, get over it! I'm averaging 41 mpg which is almost 4 times better than my Excursion with it guzzling V10 engine. I've gotten lots of compliments and questions from strangers. This car will pay for itself in gas alone. I don't like the "cute car" comments though.

Comfortable for a cheap car and GREAT gas mpg. Interior is "different" with speedometer in the center but I like the extra glove box behind the steering wheel. It helps make my economy car seem a little different than the rest of the cars in its class.

My hatchback has a funny feeling automatic transmission when I'm on the interstate. It slows down pretty fast if I let off the gas petal at 65 mph. The gas and brake petals are too close for a man with a size 14 shoe. These are small complaints given the money I will save in the long run. I love it!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review