2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Extraordinary Well-Built Tiny

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Extraordinary Well-Built Tiny Efficiency
By Annette Keller on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is tiny - head-turningly so. People gawk as if it's a toy car. But the interior is so well designed, with many cup-holders, compartments and the hatchback, that I feel as comfortable in it as I did in my 4Runner SUV. It's been years since I had a hatchback, and the accessibility is a wonderful convenience. I have a manual and know how to drive it efficiently. I get between 36-45 mpg, depending on whether the gas station sells 100% gas or an ethanol blend. Can reach anything from the driver's seat except the very back (trunk) part of hatchback. Gets in any parking space. Never had such a convenient, easy access car.

Favorite Features

I have so many compartments and holders, and with the hatchback I have real convenience & easy access everywhere. I like the auxiliary audio jack a lot -- plug in my iPhone and listen to lectures and audiobooks and music all the time. Wish I had this car in college!

Suggested Improvements

I wish Toyota would make their air systems so that you can run the AC in defroster mode with recirculated air, not external air.