Drive it/buy it
By mike on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I wanted a commuter car as my truck gets 15-16 mpg. My choice was a Honda or Toyota. The Yaris fit the bill. Good fit and finish, turns on a dime, 36-38 mpg around town/freeway and 40+ on freeway driving alone. I figured that in a few years I could drive to work -55miles daily- and purchase a new vehicle with the gas for the same price of just putting gas in my truck and wearing it out. The oil companies will make minimal off my driving. I purchased the arm rest-dealer installed for about $140. This has been great!! worth the money. Car is a blast to drive-co-workers say it reminds them of a remote control toy car. Great value, great car- I've owned other Toyotas.
Favorite Features
Styling is unique - sorry to say-"cute". 3 glove/storage boxes are great. MP3 hookup works great. Power package is worth the extra money. I wanted optimum safety so I got the ABS and side curtain airbags.
Suggested Improvements
Make the arm rest an option instead of dealer add-on. I'm constantly beeping the horn due to my driving-hand position and the large horn button.