2008 Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Close to Perfection

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Close to Perfection
By Joe on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The longer I have this car, the more I love it. As much or more than anything it is just plain fun to drive. It handles like a go kart around the corners. It gets around 35+ mpg in town. I love the 2 door hatchback because the doors are longer than they are on a 4 door and easier to get in and out of. It is short enough to walk around to the hatch to put things in very easily, especially with the flat floor. If you want cruise, make sure to get if from the factory, as an aftermarket unit is clumsy to reach and it is more expensive since the car is not pre-wired for it like most other vehicles.

Favorite Features

Handling is great. Gas Mileage is great. Most fun car to drive. Super easy access to rear cargo area. Turns around in very small spaces, very maneuverable. Did I mention how fun it is to drive?!! Easy to wash and wax. Neat looking car!! I love this car!!

Suggested Improvements

It might be nice to have the rear hatch window go down for quiet ventilation. The steering should adjust in and out. The stock tires are fine for summer but worthless in the snow, get Michelin Harmony's if you live where it snows. Put cruise on all of them at the factory.