This little guy is a champ!
By J on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Bought the base automatic all the options. It is a perfect second car. Has a ton of interior space and clever storage. This car is way more spacious than the Lexus IS I downgraded from. The backseat is fine for two average sized people when needed. I consistently get 36-38 mpg driving mostly highway at 70-80 mph. Also great in the snow with the skinny tires. This car shines as commuter car. It has plenty of go and decent handling. That is noticeably reduced with two passengers or heavy cargo. Still, 95% of the time, this car meets my needs like a champ. I just can't understand driving a huge 6-7 seater for only one person. Its great for road trips too. What more do you really need!?
Favorite Features
Dual upper glove boxes and fold out cup holders. High seating position for a small car. Remote key and power windows and doors. Great visibility. Could not be easier to parallel park. General ease of use.
Suggested Improvements
I would have paid more for better seats and an upgraded stereo without the silly exterior cladding of the "S" model. Steering wheel audio controls, auto dimming mirror, etc. A better sounding horn would be useful to keep that texting soccer mom/dad from drifting their giant "Mini"van into my lane.