2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Biggest little car!

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Biggest little car!
By Snowy on

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car and has exceeded my expectations. I wanted a plain old manual transmission with no other gadgets and amazingly found a used one for sale. I bought this car for gas mileage and was expecting it to be a compromise in other ways but IT IS NOT! I consistently get 29 to 32 MPG without trying to maximize fuel economy and have gotten 42 on one road trip. The size of this car is deceiving and there is plenty of room inside. With the backseat down I have been able to fit anything I need and I have even transported a medium sized desk with the hatch fully closed! It's fun, smooth, quiet and handles great! I've had a bunch of cars but I couldn't be more pleased with it.

I love the position of the cup holders and it's right where it needs to be for maximum convenience. The drivers side glove box and all the other storage areas and bottle holders in the doors and rear are great. I'm astounded at the amount of rear passenger and cargo room in such a small vehicle.

I have a huge problem with the fact that the taillights do not go on when the headlights go on automatically. I am looking for a way to modify it. The position of the wiper lever is a bit awkward and often gets bumped on during normal steering and smears the window messing up my visibility.