2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: As Much Fun As My College Conv

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

As Much Fun As My College Convertible
By ByeByeHonda on

2008 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had so much fun in a car since I owned a cheap European convertible in college. But this car in no way feels cheap. My seats are fabulously comfortable, I love the interior (fantastic fabric & spacious for 5!!), it handles like the little convertible I so dearly loved, and it's as quiet and smooth as any car I've ever owned, including the $27k gas-guzzler it's replacing. I've put 265 city & highway miles on it in 2 days and the tank is half full! Love it, love it, love it!! I call it my little red "Toy"!! It is everything I was looking for. It is the perfect commuter car!

Favorite Features

Seats fit me like a glove; car handles like a champ; interior fabric is fresh and attractive; and there are more cubbies in this car than any I've ever owned (7 cup-holders, 3 glove compartments, 1 smaller compartment, 4 storage nooks, 4 side cubbies, and 2 seat back pockets)! AND great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

I appreciate the warning about ice and will watch the fuel gauge. I love the dash but don't like the fuel "cells." But that's it.