2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
The Yaris is great
By jd6102 on 03/15/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went from driving a full size trick to the Yaris and I am perfectly happy with the size my kids actually have just as much if not more room in the Yaris. And my gas bill was cut at least in half.

Cool little car
By Phil on 03/14/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is an exceptional little car. Nimble, smooth, comfortable and quiet. Peppy at city speeds and adequate on the freeway. Engine noise typical for the class, but road and wind noise are hushed. Front seats very comfortable, though steering wheel a bit too far from driver. Large trunk. Adequate leg room in back seat for a 6-footer. Center gauges not a problem. Stylish interior. We liked the Honda Fit, but thunderous road noise and slow acceleration were deal breakers. Yaris somehow felt more solid and substantial. Professional car reviewers are enthusiasts and write reviews from that perspective. We found many of their complaints to be exaggerated or bogus. Give this car a test drive.

New Yaris Owner
By Bill on 03/07/08 17:27 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

New owner of a 2008 Yaris. Always loved Toyotas. This one is no exception. Great handling, good gas mileage, which is so important in todays market. Priced right. It is well worth a trip to your Toyota dealer to test drive this vehicle.

Best in Class
By Scotty on 02/06/08 08:50 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The yaris is the best car in compact class period! Great gas mileage (best non-hybrid gas mileage), toyota reliability, quality and refinement. Turns on a dime (35 ft. shortest turing radius), has electric power steering. Compare and drive others in class like i did and you will buy!

Great Car!!
By Erica3737 on 01/06/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The only down side is the storage space on the dash. The cup holders are right in front of the vents so it melts a cold drink when the heater is on and there is only a center console and golve box but no other storage space available. Other than that I LOVE IT!

This is a great car.
By scb on 11/19/07 10:18 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car just over two weeks ago and wanted to write an initial review. I replaced a Honda Accord because I wanted something smaller for the city and because I wanted better gas mileage. I am really impressed with how safe I feel in this car. It is also very fun to drive - it won't win any drag races, but it's perfect for me.

Yaris Sedan
By jshutrump on 11/10/07 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Performance out of the 1.5 litre is very good. Powerband and gearing excellent. Brakes good as is steering. A little shifty, left and right on the freeway at high speeds (over 70 mph). Interior great quality and instrument panel good. I like the "free" driver side so I can put a gps. Surprising large interior and confortable for 4. Wish it had an electronic trunk opener.

Really happy with this car
By AK on 11/07/07 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm only averaging 42 mpg, but that's probably because I haven't been driving to maximize mpg - this car is very zippy, and I can't resist! It's also very maneuverable, with an incredibly tight turning radius. It's also darn cute, like a cross between a VW Beetle and a Camry. Complaint: the transition from park to 1st gear is very jerky (and means I stall out a lot if I'm wearing other than my normal sneakers). I highly recommend the manual transmission with power package and ABS brakes, giving you maximum control over the car. (That way you also get a radio.) This car will last ten years no problem, and will carry me in style all the way.

This is a wonderful car!
By Tim on 10/11/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the body and interior style. This car really stands out with its cutting edge looks. This car is very solid and handles well for a small car. When on the highway I don't feel like im in a small car. The inside door and dash material does scuff too easy. I got the power package that includes ABS and a tachometer. The basic dash without the tach was too plain for my tastes. My backseat passengers have been suprised by how much room this car has. The trunk is good sized. Things are easy to get to in the engine compartment also.

The Best I Ever Had
By Sam on 09/28/07 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2008 Yaris 9-14-07 and went on vacation. 44 mpg on the interstate, 41 mpg city and interstate. 3500 miles and not one problem. Am I happy. The only thing I didn't like was when you drive on dirt roads, the rear fender wheel wells have no guards and the road noise is bad.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan in WA is:

$162 per month*