2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
They Are So Cute!
By wendy on 04/29/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Yaris last month. I bought the upgraded pkg. with power, so I do have cruise and power windows and locks. I had a rear spoiler and keyless entry installed locally for much cheaper than Toyota offered. I am only 5 ft and this car fits me perfectly. It is also easy for me to get in and out of. The driver's seat raises and the speedometer is not in my way either. The gas mileage is great and the pep is super. I bought the pacific blue 4 dr sedan. I really love all the little compartments through out and that spacious trunk. No complaints from me!

Love the MPGs
By Paul on 04/27/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love it. 4dr sedan S is the way to go. So many features for a car that cost 16K. Getting around 40 MPG on the highway. Car is great, recommend it.

Believe It!
By Commuter on 04/17/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the gas milege everyone is talking about is correct. I use this car for commuting and drive stop and go rush hour traffic along with 20% city/80% highway. Overall gas milege after 2500 miles is 39 mpg. The lowest was 34 the highest 43.5. Fun to drive and you can feel the quality.

Impressed
By nixatnite on 04/17/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for an affordable commuter car since I drive 70 miles per day and this car is just perfect. The car looks small on the outside but feels big on the inside. Solid ride and great gas mileage (42 mpg) with about 75% highway driving. I love the aux jack for connecting my sirius plug & play into the stereo system. Center instrument display is great.

Peppy, economical, cute, and fun!
By David H on 04/14/08 15:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Yaris for 6 weeks. So far, there are no problems whatsoever. The car is a lot of fun to drive. Due to the variable valve timing, the engine is very flexible. It pulls, no matter what gear you are in or where you are in the rev range. Have no fear about this car being under powered. It is not. It is best described as peppy. The fuel economy is fantastic! I average 33 mpg in city driving and 40 mpg on the highway. I am 6' 2" and find the front seats very comfortable. I really like the center gauges. When I get in a "normal" car, I wonder why the gauges are hidden behind the steering wheel. I love the cute styling.

Best small car
By Smitty on 04/10/08 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 60 miles to work. My chevy truck gets 15 mpg. Gas prices drove me to the small car and Edmunds reviews by others made my choice for the Yaris. First fillup 38.1 mpg, next fillup 37.9 mpg next was 40.7 mpg. I drive 60 miles work 5 lights hwy driving. I am 6ft 3in plenty headroom sedan 4 door. Fun to drive, plenty trunk room automatic shifts great.

Very smart purchase
By LCPA on 04/09/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for fuel mileage and I'm 100% satisfied. Mileage so far has been different every time. Lowest mileage so far was 31 mpg city. City with limited hwy has been around 34-36. My friend told me that I drive really hard but I told him it's the cars fault, it's hard not to not race around in it. So I tried easing up on my "hard driving" and my last mileage check came in at 42 mpg. Maybe he was right or maybe it's just starting to get broken in. Either way the price of gas isn't controlling what I do or where I go like it does with some of my friends. What a great feeling to not have to spend half your paycheck whenever you jump behind the wheel.

Cute Car with Fantastic Mileage!!
By Stephanie on 04/03/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

At first, I wasn't keen about losing my sporty convertible and exchanging it for the Yaris; but gas was a major problem and the Yaris' mileage was the most influential factor for choosing it. However, I love my Yaris! Although it's an economy, four door, I think its bubble look is cute along with the metallic red color I chose. Mileage is amazing! I commute 80 miles every day and find I'm averaging around 40 mpg while dirving 80 mph! I think the stereo is great and highly recommend the power package option. The Yaris responds well for a 1.5L and definitely keeps up with the other cars on speed - it just needs a little oomph at first to pick up speed. This is the best economy car for 2008!

Good Little Car
By kara on 03/25/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive. Compact enough to get into any spot and large enough for leg room for all 4 people. Cute bubbly body style. Cup holders are a bit weird because they block the AC, but you can cool your drink, which is really handy, and they are not on the floor by the seats where your purse keeps knocking them over. I took it to the dealer and had the passenger seat belt chime disabled so I can put a backpack on the seat without it going off (very annoying). Gas efficiency is very good. When I use 76 gas, the car gets 5 mpg more than with other gas. Chevron: 35, Arco: 28.

NC to PA once a month
By Andrea M on 03/21/08 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I were looking for a car that got good gas mileage because we travel from NC to PA about once a month. I love my car. It did take me a little bit to get used to how to roof was shaped because I felt like I was in a bubble. I like the odometer and everything in the middle because I can see how fast my husband is driving. I would definitely buy another one of these. I can get about 500-600 miles out of a tank (11.1), plus it only takes about thirty bucks to fill up. If you are looking for a manual transmission be careful I think that the clutch is really loose.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan in NJ is:

$222 per month*