Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Wow !
By Upstate NY

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Yaris to help with commuting back and forth to work which is a 45 mile drive each way. We were using a Durango, which we still have. This vehicle is great with the fit, finish, build, and quality it is like no other!!! I was a GM technician for a long time and have driven every little "Cheese box" under the sun and I tell you this vehicle is no "Cheese box" Toyota really did their home work when they built this vehicle. We bought the lowest priced 4 dr sedan they sell and I love driving it. Gas mileage is 39 mpg when my wife drives it averaging 70-75 mph going down the NYS Thruway and about 34-37 mpg when I drive it, Fun to drive and quiet.

Favorite Features

For a low priced small car there really are no features so I would have to say all of them.

Suggested Improvements

Again, for a low priced small car you really don't get many luxuries. The car is quiet, runs awesome and drives even better what more could you ask for!!

The one you are looking for
By Amy

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 2 days ago. I love it. It's a great economical solution to a new car. The engine is capable compared to the competition. The cabin is small but adequate for its size.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. MP3 player. Overall exterior appeal.

Suggested Improvements

More console space. Engine noise nonexistent .Added amenities (i.e. sunroof, leather).

Cheap Car, But Not a Cheap Car!
By DavidinWisconsin

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I tried all the small fuel sipper cars before buying a Yaris Sedan. The price/performance/features won the battle for my dollar. Although the Yaris is a very inexpensive auto, it is by no means cheaply made. I'm totally enjoying it!

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable. Manual transmission/engine is zippy. Fit and finish is excellent. Nice trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

I like the center guages, but would love to see toyota put a holograph on the windshield (in front of the driver) with just the speedometer read out. That would eliminate glancing over to monitor speed. All the other things you monitor are infrequent. I think the cupholders could be improved upon

The best car you can buy for the money!
By Formigaman

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've only had this car for a week, but we already love it! It's very comfortable and extremely economical. We went almost 100 miles before it moved from the full mark. We've driven almost 200 miles now and still have 3/4 of a tank of gas. Handling is great, and it has a tire pressure monitoring system. Controls are laid out logically and are easy to operate. Air conditioning will put icicles on your nose! The center gauges are different and take a little time to get accustomed to, but are nice. One word of warning, it doesn't feel like you're going 70 mph, so watch your speed. Great overall car with lots of personality.

Favorite Features

Ride, design, headlights, trunk space, seats and stereo. Also the iPod input jack is wonderful. Stereo sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cupholders to a different location and also, a larger armrest would be nice when two people are riding in the front. Other than that, no other complaints.

Truth
By me

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car less than a month, but in the 3 times that I've filled it up, I've gotten either 38-41 mpg (lot of highway with cruise control). Acceleration is not very quick, but is quick enough to get out of tight situations. If you plan on seating 5 people, the back seat curves to two bodies, but the middle is quite small.

Favorite Features

Can change how much light is shown in the dash. Larger trunk then expected. Cheapest car with best mileage I found. Gas light blinks when you have 1.6 gallons left.

Suggested Improvements

Have read that side airbags are a must for safety. Cruise control is very nice for a change.