Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Solid little car
By BrushDog

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly for its fuel economy and of course Toyota reliability. It has met all my expectations. I get a consistent 41 mpg on 90% highway driving. It has a surprising amount of interior room for such a small exterior and a huge trunk to boot. I don't understand how Edmunds and other "supposed" car experts review this car so harshly. It was designed to be a solidly built high MPG car without compromising economy. I'll skip the bells and whistles for reliability and a low windowsticker price.

MPG, quirky style, centermount instrumentation

Make cruise control standard on all models. Better stereo.

Awesome little car!
By Jen

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car when ending my senior year in high school. I was looking to get a fuel-friendly affordable car and I got just that! I recently brought the car to NH and I was averaging 45 mpg on the highway. The car is big enough inside where I don't feel cramped and it is usually the car my friends and I take to the beach because it's great on gas and the trunk is huge. (My cousin and I can both fit in the trunk together!) The car can definitely hold its own on the highway and definitely makes for a comfortable ride. I would highly recommend this car! I love my Betty Boop =)

The speedometer in the center took getting used to but I tend to see how fast I am driving now. The placement of the cup holders is also different but definitely works.

For being affordable and great on gas I can't complain much, but the car does seem to lack highway pickup when comparing to my old 97' honda civic.

2008 Yaris - great gas mileage
By luvmyaris

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had the auto 10,000 miles since February. Great gas mileage, I have gotten over 40 MPG. Great initial quality, No problems. Have only had 1 oil change to date, that and gas and it is 'good to go'. GREAT CAR, best 'bang for the buck'.

Cup holders; fact you can plug in MP3 player.

Make power locks standard.

Loving the fuel mileage
By Brian Young

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoy our Yaris S 5-speed. The lowest mileage we've gotten is 44 and the highest almost 49. Have driven it nearly 7000 troublefree miles and are impressed with the ride and quietness for such a small relatively inexpensive car. There is plenty of passenger room and the trunk is amazingly large.

Wife likes the center gauges - on all our previous cars she has had difficulty seeing the gauges through the steering wheel because she has to have the seat as far forward as it will go.

Auto headlamps would be nice and trunk release needs to be added to the remote.

Wow !
By Upstate NY

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Yaris to help with commuting back and forth to work which is a 45 mile drive each way. We were using a Durango, which we still have. This vehicle is great with the fit, finish, build, and quality it is like no other!!! I was a GM technician for a long time and have driven every little "Cheese box" under the sun and I tell you this vehicle is no "Cheese box" Toyota really did their home work when they built this vehicle. We bought the lowest priced 4 dr sedan they sell and I love driving it. Gas mileage is 39 mpg when my wife drives it averaging 70-75 mph going down the NYS Thruway and about 34-37 mpg when I drive it, Fun to drive and quiet.

For a low priced small car there really are no features so I would have to say all of them.

Again, for a low priced small car you really don't get many luxuries. The car is quiet, runs awesome and drives even better what more could you ask for!!