Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Ya, I have a Yaris and I love it!!
By Minnesota

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am really happy with the gas mileage about 40. For the price and all its good deal. The defrost is not the best. The ride is nice it is an economy car not a luxury car. The cup holders could be better along with the arm rest for the driver. Is not a great winter car. I have not had much snow yet through so so far its been good; it is low to the ground.

I really like the gas mileage. The overall smooth ride and smallness of the car makes it fun to drive. The exterior of the car is not box like. Easy maintenance one can change their own oil fyi I am a girl too. The fold down back seat is great for moving things and skis.

They should tilt the speed controls towards the driver. The arm rest could be better for the driver. Also, one should not have to calculate the gas mileage now days by hand. And adding the radio controls to the searing wheel.

Proved me wrong
By Sidekick

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 04 mustang in for a Yaris at first I was unsure but due to gas prices it was a must. After owning driving this car it surprised me. This car packs a lot of PUNCH and gets good fuel economy. 3rd gear makes it fun to drive even more especially up hills. I thought this would be a boring car but it proved me wrong.

MP3, comfort everything!

More isolation on the highway can get noisy.

Love it but ...
By Krystyna

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2000 Honda Civic was stolen and completely stripped and I was forced to purchase a new vehicle. I looked at the Chevy Aveo, the Nissan Versa, the Honda Fit, and the Yaris. The Yaris was the most affordable and I was able to get the options I wanted (i.e. alarm, car starter, ABS, power package). I enjoy driving this car and it is very comfortable for me. The only thing is, this little car can be quite noisy when switching gears and the ABS feel a bit "mushy" for a lack of a better word. I have 1,300 miles on my car right now and I am concerned I need to have the brakes checked. People have said that I am just use to a Honda which is a much quieter car with smoother braking.

The cup holders are awesome! Nothing goes flying across the car when you make a turn. The dashboard makes the inside look like a cockpit!

I think the brakes need work and the car needs a better exhaust system. I feel like I need a new muffler with only 1,300 on my car.

2008 Toyota Yaris
By bradford23a

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in June of 2008. I had a 2003 Dodge neon which was a gas guzzler in the city at 4.09 per gallon. This car is very nice. I get about 42.9 MPG highway and about 35-36 city. The ride is smooth comparable to my sister's Lexus. The design is really good.

Everything

The seatbelt lite, there should be a way to get rid of that. The horn is kind of sensitive.

Great Car and Great Mileage
By djludwig

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris on the strength of its reliability and gas mileage. I am pleased with the quality and for the price it is a solid car. It rides better than the larger Plymouth Sundance that was my prior car. My first 2 gas stops were 42 MPG and 38.5 MPG. I think that the mileage will improve as the engine breaks in. I bought the Sea Mist Green Metallic and the color is beautiful. I will continue to buy Toyota.

Center mounted instrument cluster; gas mileage; styling.

Higher range for the tilt steering wheel, factory installed side mouldings.