Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great Car and Great Mileage
By djludwig

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris on the strength of its reliability and gas mileage. I am pleased with the quality and for the price it is a solid car. It rides better than the larger Plymouth Sundance that was my prior car. My first 2 gas stops were 42 MPG and 38.5 MPG. I think that the mileage will improve as the engine breaks in. I bought the Sea Mist Green Metallic and the color is beautiful. I will continue to buy Toyota.

Favorite Features

Center mounted instrument cluster; gas mileage; styling.

Suggested Improvements

Higher range for the tilt steering wheel, factory installed side mouldings.

Solid little car
By BrushDog

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly for its fuel economy and of course Toyota reliability. It has met all my expectations. I get a consistent 41 mpg on 90% highway driving. It has a surprising amount of interior room for such a small exterior and a huge trunk to boot. I don't understand how Edmunds and other "supposed" car experts review this car so harshly. It was designed to be a solidly built high MPG car without compromising economy. I'll skip the bells and whistles for reliability and a low windowsticker price.

Favorite Features

MPG, quirky style, centermount instrumentation

Suggested Improvements

Make cruise control standard on all models. Better stereo.

Awesome little car!
By Jen

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car when ending my senior year in high school. I was looking to get a fuel-friendly affordable car and I got just that! I recently brought the car to NH and I was averaging 45 mpg on the highway. The car is big enough inside where I don't feel cramped and it is usually the car my friends and I take to the beach because it's great on gas and the trunk is huge. (My cousin and I can both fit in the trunk together!) The car can definitely hold its own on the highway and definitely makes for a comfortable ride. I would highly recommend this car! I love my Betty Boop =)

Favorite Features

The speedometer in the center took getting used to but I tend to see how fast I am driving now. The placement of the cup holders is also different but definitely works.

Suggested Improvements

For being affordable and great on gas I can't complain much, but the car does seem to lack highway pickup when comparing to my old 97' honda civic.

2008 Yaris - great gas mileage
By luvmyaris

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had the auto 10,000 miles since February. Great gas mileage, I have gotten over 40 MPG. Great initial quality, No problems. Have only had 1 oil change to date, that and gas and it is 'good to go'. GREAT CAR, best 'bang for the buck'.

Favorite Features

Cup holders; fact you can plug in MP3 player.

Suggested Improvements

Make power locks standard.

Loving the fuel mileage
By Brian Young

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoy our Yaris S 5-speed. The lowest mileage we've gotten is 44 and the highest almost 49. Have driven it nearly 7000 troublefree miles and are impressed with the ride and quietness for such a small relatively inexpensive car. There is plenty of passenger room and the trunk is amazingly large.

Favorite Features

Wife likes the center gauges - on all our previous cars she has had difficulty seeing the gauges through the steering wheel because she has to have the seat as far forward as it will go.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlamps would be nice and trunk release needs to be added to the remote.