2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
What a Great Car!
By KL on 05/14/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased my new car and I love it . I have always loved smaller cars vs big suvs. This car is so fun to drive it handles so well. It is comfortable and can comfortably seat four average size to five adults. Trunk space looks decieving on the outside of the car but was much bigger then my mitsubishi eclipse. This is just a great car I had drove 100 miles and my fuel gauge still hadnt moved off of full. You can not beat this car for the price. And it is friendly to the environment passing all emissions standards. I drive by big old suvs and truck at the gas station and realize this was such a great decision to buy this car. I have absolutely no regrets and would tell my family to buy it.

Bought our car a week ago!!
By Angelique on 05/10/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have wanted to buy a toyota for years, but being on a fixed income, and having 2 children, the Yaris is great and affordable for us, and finally, we were able to purchase one. Gas is great with this car and has a lot of nice options.

Great car!
By Rafael on 05/10/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has completely met my expectations. I love the body style and exterior design. It is very roomy inside (I am 6'2" / 210 lbs and fit perfectly inside). The gas mileage is great. The lowest I have ever gotten is 37mpg but I am averaging about 40mpg most of the time. I thought I was not going to feel safe inside of such a small car, but I was wrong. I feel really safe. The only bad thing about it is that is really light so the car gets shaken by the wind if it is too windy. However, as long as you keep both hands on the wheel, there's nothing to worry about.

I hope they dont change it
By goyaris! on 05/08/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This zippy little car has totally exceeded my expectations. Its got phenomenal gas mileage- almost as good as my inl-aws hybrid civic, and for half what they paid for it, so really its a better deal. Way bigger inside than it looks, really attractive body style (I especially love the front, it seems to smile at me whenever I walk out to it), and it doesn't feel or sound like a tin can which is often the case which cheap cars. It feels like a much more expensive car. It took me about a day to get used to the center gauges- now I prefer them, and about a week before I realized I could simply shut off the vent in front of the cupholder if it was making my hot drinks cold (duh, I know). Go Yaris!

Good MPG, not much else.
By chris on 05/07/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good all around car. It gets good mpg in the city. I like the low cost of ownership as well. It has a slightly asthmatic sound when driven at only 30%. I think the car should keep the low weight but get the 1.8 from the scion xd/corolla. This would give it a more acceptable rate of freeway merging. The interior finish seems kind of cheap although better than the Chevy Aveo. And the rear defrost must be switched off manually, sort of annoying.

Great Little Car
By Steve on 05/07/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Well, I've only had the Yaris for about 3 weeks, but so far so good. It has great interior room, handles well, and has good power for a 1.5L engine. The gas mileage is really good as after 4 fill-ups I'm averaging about 34-35 mpg. Most of my driving is highway and the Yaris has no problem going highway speeds and has plenty of acceleration to get up I-70 in the mountains outside on Denver. Given the looks, performance, comfort, and gas mileage that I'm getting for the price I paid, this car was an unbelieveable deal.

This car is awesome!
By J.Jasper on 05/06/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it a month ago and it's phenomenal! Great on gas, I average 36 mpg and that's mostly street driving. This vehicle is so stylish! Great car at an affordable price. I see this vehicle lasting many years. It's fits any liftstyle, I'm single with no kids and I think its very stylish, but it also has room for a few car seats should I decide to upgrade in that area soon! If you want a reliable, fun to drive, economical, stylish sedan this is it! I recommend the manual drive!

Pretty Freakin Sweet
By Mattp2425 on 05/02/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 1.5 4 speed engine in this lightweight, low-to-the-ground package has all the get-up n' go you'd ever need for safe driving on a fast highway. Picks up from 75 to 110 w/no problem. Good performance in 3rd & 4th gear. Very little low end (duh). Nice tight turning radius, which is quite a compliment since my other car is a Wrangler. Ergonomics: cozy but I'm baffled by the cup holder behind my steering wheel. I guess I could keep my phone & wallet in there. The flint mica 'S' trim looks tight & will look better with a few inexpensive tricks. 18" chrome rims, 35% window tint & I'm in the air about the bra. That almost-vertical front end is distinctive but it could eat some stones on the hwy.

Love Our Yaris
By Al on 05/01/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We really love our new Yaris! It's solid and quiet, yet fun to drive. The interior and exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Now I remember why I loved my Camry. We have driven other cars from full sized vans to mini vans and sub-compacts, this car beats them all! (except our Camry.) I was a little worried about the Bridgestone tires but they have been fine.

Very Good Vehicle
By DeereToy on 04/29/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very good vehicle, doesn't look like a inexpensive car. Fun to drive. Very good mileage, worst 39 mpg high 43 mpg. Built very solid, when you shut the doors feels like you shut a car door not a beer can. Visibility excellent. Not the quietest but it's not a $50,000 Cadillac either. Low insurance premiums, low property tax. All in all one awesome car. I love it!