2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Fun little car
By LarryP on 07/23/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for one month after three tanks of gas I'm averaging 33 mph combined, my highway driving is rush hour and mostly stop and go. I've seen 80 mph with no problems and it seems pretty peppy for a 1.5 engine. I think I'll get a scan gauge and try to increase my mpg, I have a heavy foot which probably accounts for my lower mph, 33 mph isn't really that low as far as I'm concerned as I was driving a Ford F150. Great car I recommend it if you looking for an inexpensive commuter.

Great car!
By UFMike on 07/23/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I couldn't be happier. Rides great, looks wonderful. I considered several others cars in the same class (Fit, Aveo, Smart, etc.) and the Yaris didn't let me down.

A must in today's gas prices!
By Shelbybelly on 07/22/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

GREAT on gas, I get an average of 37 mpg that's mixed driving. Best I get is 43 mpg, lowest I get is 34 mpg. Good pickup and stopping. I feel very safe on highways with this car. A real eye catcher. Over all, I love the car and would not have or drive anything else. Highly recommend this car to anyone.

Yaris S 18'' Wheels
By barja2008 on 07/14/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. The upgraded interior and exterior in the S package was worth the extra money. My car gets a lot of looks especially with the 18'' wheels. I was getting 38 mpg with the stock wheels, after the 18'' wheels were installed the car dropped to 33 mpg. I am ok with the difference because i was driving a 97 4x4 4runner that was getting 16mpg before the Yaris.

I Want to Marry My Yaris Hatchback
By HawthornWoods on 07/11/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Well, not quite, but I do love it! My brother got one last year 'cuz he was tired of filling up his Suburban. We poked a lot of fun of his Yaris -- mainly because you could fit three of them inside his Suburban -- but then we drove it and thought it was pretty cool. When gas prices started climbing, we went to Toyota to buy either a Prius or the Yaris hatchback (the sedan is ugly). We got the Yaris and we love it. It looks tiny from the outside but when you're inside, it's big! A day after we got it, we put on cool rims. Week later, had the windows tinted. People stop me all the time to ask what it is. Many think it's a SmartCar. I say No, it's a Smarter Car 'cuz it doesn't need premium gas!

Great value
By MadJen on 07/07/08 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really wanted a Toyota because of their resale value and I managed to get this totally bare bones car and does not have any extra features AT ALL, not even power locks or windows. Having said that, I now have a very affordable Toyota that is holding its value, especially with gas prices going up. Gets 36 mpg in the city and over 40 on the highway. The lack of a tachometer has never bothered me. My main concern with the car is that in the winter on snowy roads (we had a doozy here this year) it is like driving a go-kart on ice skates. I plan to get new tires before this winter to see if it helps.

My Little Buddy
By CDR on 07/05/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first small car I've ever owned. Handles great, pretty comfortable, Get about 34 mpg in my rural setting, haven't had any major highway trips yet. No complaints yet. I only use 6 or 7 gallons of gas per week. Curious how it will be in the winter. Very pleased so far!!

Can't beat this car for the money
By jaded541 on 06/30/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Even if this car were not the least expensive car on the market I would still think it was a great car and fun to drive. Edmunds should create a new ratings category called Joy per Dollar (JPD). If they did this car would come out on top.

Yaris
By Toyota on 06/30/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yaris for 20,000 miles and love it. I do highway driving and have never gotten below 37 mpg, with a personal best of 45 mpg. I travel on the highway at 75-80 mph with no issues or fears. I'm 6'1" and am very comfortable in the vehicle. No issues at all.

For the money, it's all good.
By alfasax on 06/27/08 01:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

40 mpg. Easily obtainable, 37 mpg without trying all day long! Great styling. Luv this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.