Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

this car awful
By scooterd

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car get greats gas mileage but, it rides like a truck, and the road noise is overbearing, I would only recommend this vehicle to a high school or college student.

vios
By vios

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about 3 years now, and so far so good, gas mileage is exceptional considering that here in our country a 1.3 engine is available, power is sufficient for me, since i only do city and highway driving. reliability is also great, i drove it 1300 km going to a secluded beach north of our country and back in 4 days.

Favorite Features

gas mileage is exceptional

Suggested Improvements

exterior design, facing a stiff competition with the new Honda city which looks better.

love it
By Teresa

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Yaris, and have taken it on a few long trips, did not notice it didn't have cruise till I took it on a trip and was disappointed it was not pointed out by dealer but love it anyway and would recommend to anyone for the economy of it.

Favorite Features

instruments in middle leaves the front open for better view and easy to adjust to

Suggested Improvements

cruise come standard on it

Surprised
By sonja

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for 2 years and am extremely happy with it. I commute mostly on interstate 35 miles one way, and yes, it doesn't have the greatest punch on the gas, but it's a great zippy little car. The off ramps are great! The trunk room is surprising and with the capability of dropping the back and front passenger seats down, it is amazing at what you can put in this car. Bottom line it is what it is- an economy car - wouldn't get rid of it for the world.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, parking, just commuting

Suggested Improvements

sound system is kinda lame.

Cute and dependable
By Iris

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in January, and I have been extremely happy with it! I can honestly say that it has exceeded my expectations. I regularly got around 38-42 mpg during the huge Cleveland snowstorms we had in February, and that was even with letting my car run idle for 10-15 minutes to heat it up and get all the snow off. The ABS was a godsend in those storms too. I love how solid and roomy it feels for an economy car. I did test drive the non "S" version, and the doors didn't feel as solid, which is what prompted me to go with the "S". I live in an apartment and have to park on the street, so it's easy maneuverability and folding side mirrors are great too.

Favorite Features

Aux jack, great fuel economy, center cluster, decent sound system, the folding side mirrors, the cold weather package, cruise control, tight handling, and ABS. Also, the seats are comfortable and adjust to accommodate both my short stature and my fiance's taller stature. It's also just plain cute.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have just a bit more storage. My mom has a 2001 Echo (the Yaris' predecessor), and there are a lot more storage compartments in hers compared to my Yaris. Also, I have the polar white with beige interior, and it's always a little dirty, even if it was just washed and vacuumed.