2 DR Hatchback first 1000
By Dale on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Well I hit the 1000 mile point in two weeks. The car I bought is a bare bones unit with an upgraded radio and cruise control. No power locks or windows. The car has plenty of power to get you down the road. This is not a rocket, but does good. My mileage over rural / highway has been 34.7. I have a heavy foot and my daughter found that she was driving around in 3rd instead of Drive. Very roomy feel in the drivers seat. There are several things that take some getting used to, like the position of the steering wheel. The seats are a bit stiff, but should soften in time. This is a good lower priced car, but it seems demand is driving the price up. Wait to buy when the price comes down.
Favorite Features
Sporty European looks. MPG is great over my 4X4. Drives sporty and has a great turning radius. Plenty of room in the back for grown ups to sit. Plenty of cargo room with the seats down. Get up and goes well. No problems driving through Atlanta traffic.
Suggested Improvements
The road noise is bad on some roads. I hit one spot on the interstate that made some much noise that the radio could not be heard. Look into the protection option with undercoating. Other cars loaded can offer more for the $$'s and less road noise, if you want a loaded unit.