2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
2008 Toyota Yaris
By Moonlighter on 03/18/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Japanese build quality is scarily worth considering over any other country, YES that good. I drove a 2008 4 door automatic during a service visit and got 40 mpg. After driving the hatchback, I purchased it instead due to a more sporty demeanor, again getting 40 mpg. The build quality and quietness of this car has shocked many of my skeptics. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall, weighing in at 235 pounds, plenty of room and love the front seats.

A sweet compact car
By a carpenter on 03/16/08 03:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Tacoma was getting to be about 8 years old and my commute was averaging around a hundred miles a day. I needed to do something about rising gas prices so i bought this litte car. The MPG is absolutely awesome averaging about 41 mpg. I was concerned about the size of the vehicle but it is surprising how much room is really inside. I even have room for all my tools and equipment after I fold down the back seat. Simply awesome!

Great little car.
By wolfgang on 03/14/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to go with a Yaris after driving a Camaro for 13 years. I love this car! It is peppy enough and sticks to the curves just fine. I am also 6'2" and a large guy and I have plenty of room, in fact this car has more room than my Camaro. The back seat also has plenty of room for me to sit comfortably. I am also averaging 37 MPG and that is a mix of city and highway driving. I would highly recommend this car. Go out and get on the Yaris bandwagon!

Satisfied Yaris Owner
By Commuter on 03/03/08 16:23 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 1981 Toyota Starlet with a 2008 Yaris S Hatchback. The new car is superior to the old one in every respect. Fuel economy over my 20 mile round-trip commute in moderate-to-heavy traffic has ranged from 35 to 39 mpg thus far. The car is tremendously fun to drive, and has plenty of power for freeway maneuvers. Thus far, after 3 months -- no complaints!

MID-AGE CRISIS?
By Paul on 02/08/08 11:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Canadian version of the 'S', the RS, had it lowered, put 18" wheels on it, a light tint and a few subtle additions. I LOVE DRIVING IT! I never drive my large luxury sedan any more. I may be pushing 57, but in this little pocket rocket, I feel like a twenty year old zipping about in Europe. I feel so smug when I pull away from a fat, super duty truck or the like. My first (not my last) Toyota.

What a great car!
By HappyYarisOwner on 01/31/08 07:57 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have to say I was a tad hesitant to buy such a small vehicle, but after having it for a week, I can honestly say it does not feel small at all, either in terms of interior comfort, or the way that it handles and feels on the road. I normally drive cars with manual trans., so switching to an auto had me a little concerned, but in test driving them, I found that the auto seemed a little quieter on the highway. I do not regret the switch to auto at all, in spite of my reservations. The car feels just quick enough to get it where it needs to go (passing, climbing hills etc), and offers great fuel economy. I have filled the tank 3 times, and have averaged about 36mpg 50/50 city/hwy.

Buy one today!!!
By SUNFUSIONFJ on 01/02/08 07:56 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the total package. Excellent mpg (41 in the WV mountains), great visibility, great driver position, comfortable seats, well placed controls and gauges, plenty of torque, smooth ride, lots of rear seat room with the back seat slid back, and oh so cute. I am 6'4" and 280lbs and I have more leg, head, and hip room than I need. It hugs the curves so well that you will go much faster than you should. I have owned SUV's that cost triple and I didn't like them as much. You better buy one now before the price skyrockets.

Fun 2008 Yaris "S" 2dr hatchback
By podred on 12/29/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

What a great car! Mine is the "Sport Model" and has very comfortable sport seats (and I'm 6'3") allow wheels, power pkg, rear spoiler, electric door locks & mirrors. The instrument cluster on the center of the dash is great, no looking down through the steering wheel. The hatchback design provides tremendous room for hauling things, with the split seats folded down. It has a high roof line which allows comfort for back seat passengers, truly a 4 person car. I have three other cars and purchased this because I wanted something with good mileage for city driving. Little did I know how smooth and fun this car would be, freeway driving returns 45 mpg and 39 mpg in the city.

Drive it/buy it
By mike on 12/26/07 22:20 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a commuter car as my truck gets 15-16 mpg. My choice was a Honda or Toyota. The Yaris fit the bill. Good fit and finish, turns on a dime, 36-38 mpg around town/freeway and 40+ on freeway driving alone. I figured that in a few years I could drive to work -55miles daily- and purchase a new vehicle with the gas for the same price of just putting gas in my truck and wearing it out. The oil companies will make minimal off my driving. I purchased the arm rest-dealer installed for about $140. This has been great!! worth the money. Car is a blast to drive-co-workers say it reminds them of a remote control toy car. Great value, great car- I've owned other Toyotas.

Incredible Value - Great Car!
By casqueiro on 12/26/07 12:07 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I cannot believe the quality for the price. The car is almost perfect, its extremely roomy and comfy inside, runs quiet and smooth and is super fun to drive with hands down the best turning radius of all time. I have gotten between 37-40 MPG on each tank with a 50/50 combo of city/freeway driving, except on one tank I got 35 with 5 people in the car the whole way. I haven't had it long enough to really judge reliability, but having just gotten rid of a lemon, I know what bad quality feels like, and this is a different world. Love this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.