Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

As Much Fun As My College Convertible
By ByeByeHonda

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had so much fun in a car since I owned a cheap European convertible in college. But this car in no way feels cheap. My seats are fabulously comfortable, I love the interior (fantastic fabric & spacious for 5!!), it handles like the little convertible I so dearly loved, and it's as quiet and smooth as any car I've ever owned, including the $27k gas-guzzler it's replacing. I've put 265 city & highway miles on it in 2 days and the tank is half full! Love it, love it, love it!! I call it my little red "Toy"!! It is everything I was looking for. It is the perfect commuter car!

Favorite Features

Seats fit me like a glove; car handles like a champ; interior fabric is fresh and attractive; and there are more cubbies in this car than any I've ever owned (7 cup-holders, 3 glove compartments, 1 smaller compartment, 4 storage nooks, 4 side cubbies, and 2 seat back pockets)! AND great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

I appreciate the warning about ice and will watch the fuel gauge. I love the dash but don't like the fuel "cells." But that's it.

Fun little car
By LarryP

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for one month after three tanks of gas I'm averaging 33 mph combined, my highway driving is rush hour and mostly stop and go. I've seen 80 mph with no problems and it seems pretty peppy for a 1.5 engine. I think I'll get a scan gauge and try to increase my mpg, I have a heavy foot which probably accounts for my lower mph, 33 mph isn't really that low as far as I'm concerned as I was driving a Ford F150. Great car I recommend it if you looking for an inexpensive commuter.

Favorite Features

interior storage, ease of parking, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Mount the exterior side mirror buttons on the door below the window buttons so you can adjust the mirrors from the driving position. Auto on daytime running lites,leather option, cruise option and maybe a sunroof option. Make the radio knobs a little larger for us guys with fat stubby fingers.

Great car!
By UFMike

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I couldn't be happier. Rides great, looks wonderful. I considered several others cars in the same class (Fit, Aveo, Smart, etc.) and the Yaris didn't let me down.

Favorite Features

The interior is great. I'm 6 foot 3 and 215 pounds, and I have more room in the Yaris than the Kia sedan they gave me as a renter while I waited for my Yaris. Fuel efficiency is outstanding. Nice sound system too.

Suggested Improvements

Those ARE some weird cupholders. But there are centre holders that are convenient enough.

A must in today's gas prices!
By Shelbybelly

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

GREAT on gas, I get an average of 37 mpg that's mixed driving. Best I get is 43 mpg, lowest I get is 34 mpg. Good pickup and stopping. I feel very safe on highways with this car. A real eye catcher. Over all, I love the car and would not have or drive anything else. Highly recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Looks, MPG, stereo, turning circle, stopping, sporty look, parking, aftermarket things that you can get. When at the gas station you get a lot of attention and questions asked about MPG. I love this little car!! Everyone should have at least one in there driveway.

Suggested Improvements

I'm being upfront with the following things. Transmission lacks a little very shifty, electronic steering takes getting use too. Driving when it's very windy, car is pushed easily.

Yaris S 18'' Wheels
By barja2008

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. The upgraded interior and exterior in the S package was worth the extra money. My car gets a lot of looks especially with the 18'' wheels. I was getting 38 mpg with the stock wheels, after the 18'' wheels were installed the car dropped to 33 mpg. I am ok with the difference because i was driving a 97 4x4 4runner that was getting 16mpg before the Yaris.

Favorite Features

Dash, rear seats, interior room, rarity of the car in my area. Seems everyone is trying to figure out what it is.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior and interior is perfect. I wish that Toyota would offer a 1.8L like they do in other countries.