2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews 10

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Yaree or DottaBug
By robinjane on 04/09/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my Yaris. I had to replace 97 Chavlier and went looking for a truck and bought a 2 door, (3 if you count the hatch), small car. I like the way you can get into the car without feeling you about to sit in a well. I'm only 5 even and that was one selling point is that I could get in and out without fighting gravity. The dealer thought I was crazy when I said that the Yaris had a small "growl" like a Mustang I test droved. I didn't realize till two days later that I had it in Drive 3. Duh.

2008 Yaris
By woodsie on 03/31/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After spending way too much at the fuel pump, I needed to change. After reading the reviews I went and looked at Toyota and liked what I saw, a few test drives later I was hooked. Its only been a few weeks since I purchased but still no compaints, the gas mileage is great, 35 mpg 80% highway 20% city. The interior is roomy and the ride is comfortable. I have mainly driven vehicles with manual transmisions but I really like the automatic in this car. It's fun to drive and easy to maneuver.

I love my Yaris
By AT on 03/31/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I just got the Yaris a week ago and I'm loving it. I drive 122 miles a day, 5 days a week, total of 610 miles per week and I spent $40 on gas the first week on my commute in the Yaris, comparing to my 2004 Audi A6, which I was spending $50 every 2 days, I will probably save about $4,000 or more on gas this year because, last year I spent $6,900 on gas driving my A6 to work. Now that the A6 is parked in the garage I stand the chance of saving extra money on gas. Thanks Toyota.

Saved my life
By Yaris on 03/31/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Two days ago I blacked out while driving in my 2008 Yaris and rolled it twice, landing on the roof. The jaws of life were used to cut me out. I walked out without a bruise. This car body may be small but it is sound. True, it may have some tendency to roll, that could have been part of it, but in the end the car served me.

Yaris 3 Door Liftback "The FUN Car"
By Jerome K Culp on 03/29/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bottom line, the Yaris is awesome. I had auto start and window tinting installed two days after the purchase. Upgraded heater package works good (I live in Alaska where the temp drops to -45 degrees). Center gauges took a little to get used to. Great head & leg room for 6' plus drivers and passengers. Test drive one for yourself. You will love it!

I LOVE my Yaris
By Miss Thang on 03/27/08 07:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle for its fuel economy as my daily commuter. I have been getting close to 40MPG regularly as most of my driving in on the highway and that it is going to and from the mountains to Denver every day which means it would suck more gas going up "the hill" where I have to downshift to get more speed. If I was on flat highway I would imagine it would get even HIGHER! I took a road trip to New Mexico with my two children and my husband and it fit us and our small bags without a problem and we got about 39 MPG even driving 80 MPH most of the way. It was as comfortable as our other larger crossover AWD vehicle. I have been very pleased with my purchase.

Buy one
By denny on 03/26/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have 1200 miles so far. Fuel economy is 39 to 41 mpg, mixed driving. Storage space is great, handling & comfort is great - I have found no downside to this car. 5 speed is smooth as silk. All the controls are easy to reach & you have full control of your choices. No computer changing things for you. Feels roomy inside, seats are firm & comfortable - air conditioner vents have full range control. Everything is easy to use & easy to reach. Buy this car for fun, buy it for economy or both. I am 61 - this car makes me smile. Change nothing on it.

Great on gas, cramped on space.
By Pati on 03/25/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car for gas mileage and that's the best feature about this car. I'm a long time Toyota owner and wouldn't own anything else. However I'd buy a little larger car next time, since it's kind of cramped in the Yaris, but if you are small, like me and not tall, then this is the car for you!!

Tiny but Peppy!
By ayan_garvida on 03/21/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was very satisfied with the car. Bought trd short shifter, shift knob, shift pedal, body side molding, and mud guard on the internet in advance, and upon receiving the car, I installed all the parts by myself. Gas mileage is unbelievable! Ever since I got it from the dealership, haven't filled it up yet and still more than half full. I'm planning to buy 16" inch rims to compliment the color of the car. Highly recommended!

Excellent Gas Mileage
By ToyoYari on 03/20/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my gas hungry SUV for a blue Toyota Yaris Liftback. Trips to the gas station have not been as many. The little bars that indicate the amount of gas that is left move down very slowly. Inside it does not feel as small as it looks on the outside. The sound system is more than enough and there is even a jack on the lower console to plug in an MP3 player, pretty awesome. The back seat is kept folded down so there is always plenty of cargo space to toss stuff in the back. The engine is fairly quiet for a small car with plenty of pep to make it move in city traffic and on the highway.