2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Best Car Yet
By dsutt on 02/13/10 02:28 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am very please with my Yaris. It is a manual tranny, and like others have said, get the manual if you want to make the car fun to drive. Mileage is awesome. I get 47 MPG in the warm season. It drops to about 41 in the winter. I do not baby the car to get that MPG. I accelerate to keep up with others, and usually drive +7 to 10 MPH over the limit. The brakes are solid, the electronic steering is solid, the suspension does not roll when taking corners at 30 MPH! The radio sounds great, the lights are very bright...I can't really find a fault with the car. The one thing that could be better are the front seats. My lower back tends to sink into the backrest too far.

One year in review...
By arice on 08/25/09 05:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After months of research last year between the Yaris, Versa, and Fit, I chose to get a Toyota Yaris, and I am so glad that I did. I am on the road a lot for work (both hwy and city), so when purchasing a car last year, my main concern was reliability and gas mileage. When I first purchased the Yaris, it got around 36 mpg, but now that it is broken in I have gotten up to 41 mpg. I am very pleased with my purchase, and would recommend the Yaris for anyone wanting an economical car to zip around town in.

Winter Mountain Car Replaces Jeep
By Brian White on 12/08/08 18:49 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the fuel savings over my old Grand Cherokee. You could say I got a free car out of the deal once you factor in the savings, and not a bad one at that. Tons of space for a small car and fun to drive. I drive this in a mountainous area of Canada which has the highest snow fall in Canada, most years anyway. So it is December and the studded tires are on and the car seems to be fairing quite well. A little noise from the studs but not as much as I thought there would be from a small car. The first gear is a little spongy but actually works well in limiting wheel spin in slippery situations. Other than that, not much wrong with this econ-o-box.

Loving the fuel mileage
By Brian Young on 08/23/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoy our Yaris S 5-speed. The lowest mileage we've gotten is 44 and the highest almost 49. Have driven it nearly 7000 troublefree miles and are impressed with the ride and quietness for such a small relatively inexpensive car. There is plenty of passenger room and the trunk is amazingly large.

Sweet
By Sarah on 06/13/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a Jeep Wrangler for the Yaris. Couldn't ask for better. Great on gas mileage. When I drive to Florida it will save me at least 5 tanks of gas for the trip. Very comfortable. Im averaging anywhere from 37 to 40 miles per gallon.

Very Good Vehicle
By DeereToy on 04/29/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very good vehicle, doesn't look like a inexpensive car. Fun to drive. Very good mileage, worst 39 mpg high 43 mpg. Built very solid, when you shut the doors feels like you shut a car door not a beer can. Visibility excellent. Not the quietest but it's not a $50,000 Cadillac either. Low insurance premiums, low property tax. All in all one awesome car. I love it!

NC to PA once a month
By Andrea M on 03/21/08 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I were looking for a car that got good gas mileage because we travel from NC to PA about once a month. I love my car. It did take me a little bit to get used to how to roof was shaped because I felt like I was in a bubble. I like the odometer and everything in the middle because I can see how fast my husband is driving. I would definitely buy another one of these. I can get about 500-600 miles out of a tank (11.1), plus it only takes about thirty bucks to fill up. If you are looking for a manual transmission be careful I think that the clutch is really loose.

Great Car!!
By Erica3737 on 01/06/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The only down side is the storage space on the dash. The cup holders are right in front of the vents so it melts a cold drink when the heater is on and there is only a center console and golve box but no other storage space available. Other than that I LOVE IT!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.