Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Yea for Yaris
By Liz

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am short. Sight lines amazing. I get cold. Heater amazing. I drive a lot. Comfort amazing. I dont love gas stations. Mileage amazing. I love security. Locks logically amazing. I adore Yaris 2008. Truly amazing. Daily amazing. Forever amazing.

Still Going Strong
By Cindy Sanders

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Rather than write a review of a vehicle I've had for a few months, I've waited 5.5 years. I bought this car brand new November of 2008. I love this car. For the price, this vehicle can't be beat. I consistently get around 40 mpg and that includes stop and go traffic. I'm also just over 142,000 miles with only replacing the serpentine belt and standard oil changes. I'm still using the original brakes and clutch. The paint is still in excellent condition and the interior still looks great. For a base model, no bells and whistles, great for everyday use, with great reliability, you can't get anything better.

I love having the AUX jack to listen to my Ipod.

My only complaint is the cup holders. They are right below the air vents. I've always disliked that feature.

vios
By vios

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about 3 years now, and so far so good, gas mileage is exceptional considering that here in our country a 1.3 engine is available, power is sufficient for me, since i only do city and highway driving. reliability is also great, i drove it 1300 km going to a secluded beach north of our country and back in 4 days.

gas mileage is exceptional

exterior design, facing a stiff competition with the new Honda city which looks better.

Better fuel economy than a hybrid!
By R.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I get 40-41 MPG, mostly freeway commuting. Zippy and fun to drive around town, but not a great ride on the freeway (the car is very light and doesn't seem to hug the road well at high speeds). Definitely go for the manual - you'll get a lot more juice out of it AND better gas mileage. I test drove the automatic, and it was sluggish. The base car comes pretty stripped of amenities, but that's probably why the car is so low priced. I put a simple spoiler on mine, and I think it really helps the style.

Aux-in jack, MP3 CD player, GREAT gas mileage, Toyota reliability

More storage compartments, move the cup holders (they're in front of the air vents).

Some Issues
By sandi

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Yaris mainly for reliability and gas mileage and so far the vehicle has been good for this. BUT there are some issues that I wish I had known about before purchase. They are significant enough that I may have chosen another vehicle. 1. You cannot drive with the windows open because of a strange sound effect that hurts your ears. 2. The sounds system is TERRIBLE. 3.Cup holders in TERRIBLE places. 4. Air smells like dirty feet when you turn it on. On last oil change they found NO cabin air filter. 5. Just plain too small. My teens cannot sit in the back seat so we have to take TWO cars on trips. There goes mileage savings.

Gas mileage, reliability.

Change cup holders, sound system and a BIT more backseat room even at the expense of trunk room. SLIGHTLY taller ceiling would go a LONG way. Figure out why windows open are so awful noise wise... something in the engineering is off.