2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Another weekend road trip success
By dadinfo on 03/11/12 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just did 400 miles I-70 Colorado mountains averaged 70 plus mph 39 to 40 miles per gallon!

Lovin' the Yaris
By Bobbi Jones on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is out performing the gas mileage that it's supposed to get! I'm averaging 36.8 to 38.5 miles to the gallon! That's the AVERAGE! It's helping to make the payments with the money that I'm saving. It's cute, fun to drive. If I had to list a negative, I'd say the light gas pedal won't support the weight of my foot and you notice it on a long trip if you don't have cruise control. Not too much else, I'm happy with my purchase!

Great on fuel
By convair580 on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just took a trip from Spokane to Glacier and setting the cruise control at 60 mph to 70 mph with the AC I got 48 miles per gallon with an automatic transmission! On the way back I got 42 miles per gallon. On the average we get between 35-40 miles per gallon. So why buy a Prius and save money a guy a Yaris.

My car
By patty on 08/08/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say I just love it. I always own a Chevy or Ford. I can say this is one of the best cars I ever owned. Is cute and great on gas. And the dealership I bought it from they were great. They pick this car out for me and I just fell in love with it let me tell you, you can't go wrong .

this car awful
By scooterd on 07/19/10 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car get greats gas mileage but, it rides like a truck, and the road noise is overbearing, I would only recommend this vehicle to a high school or college student.

vios
By vios on 06/04/10 23:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about 3 years now, and so far so good, gas mileage is exceptional considering that here in our country a 1.3 engine is available, power is sufficient for me, since i only do city and highway driving. reliability is also great, i drove it 1300 km going to a secluded beach north of our country and back in 4 days.

love it
By Teresa on 05/31/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Yaris, and have taken it on a few long trips, did not notice it didn't have cruise till I took it on a trip and was disappointed it was not pointed out by dealer but love it anyway and would recommend to anyone for the economy of it.

Surprised
By sonja on 05/21/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for 2 years and am extremely happy with it. I commute mostly on interstate 35 miles one way, and yes, it doesn't have the greatest punch on the gas, but it's a great zippy little car. The off ramps are great! The trunk room is surprising and with the capability of dropping the back and front passenger seats down, it is amazing at what you can put in this car. Bottom line it is what it is- an economy car - wouldn't get rid of it for the world.

Cute and dependable
By Iris on 04/07/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in January, and I have been extremely happy with it! I can honestly say that it has exceeded my expectations. I regularly got around 38-42 mpg during the huge Cleveland snowstorms we had in February, and that was even with letting my car run idle for 10-15 minutes to heat it up and get all the snow off. The ABS was a godsend in those storms too. I love how solid and roomy it feels for an economy car. I did test drive the non "S" version, and the doors didn't feel as solid, which is what prompted me to go with the "S". I live in an apartment and have to park on the street, so it's easy maneuverability and folding side mirrors are great too.

Best Car Yet
By dsutt on 02/13/10 02:28 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am very please with my Yaris. It is a manual tranny, and like others have said, get the manual if you want to make the car fun to drive. Mileage is awesome. I get 47 MPG in the warm season. It drops to about 41 in the winter. I do not baby the car to get that MPG. I accelerate to keep up with others, and usually drive +7 to 10 MPH over the limit. The brakes are solid, the electronic steering is solid, the suspension does not roll when taking corners at 30 MPH! The radio sounds great, the lights are very bright...I can't really find a fault with the car. The one thing that could be better are the front seats. My lower back tends to sink into the backrest too far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.