Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

2008 sedan still going strong
By Bob

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new in 2008. Coming up on 195,000 miles. Most reliable car I have ever had. Just routine things like oil changes and tires. Replaced the belt at 150,000 miles. It has a timing chain, not a belt so as long as you change the oil on schedule that will never be a problem. My Mechanic says its in excellent shape, it will last me several more years. I am retired, so I drive it on vacations a lot, it has been in 45 of the lower 48 states. Engine is amazing for a 1.5 I regularly cruise at 80 to 85, and you dont even feel it. Regularly gets 40 mpg combined. Only thing I do not have that I should have gotten is cruise control, and you can get one with it. Great little car, was only 13,000 brand new. I am a big guy, and what sold me on it was the great drivers head room.

Still Going Strong
By Cindy Sanders

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Rather than write a review of a vehicle I've had for a few months, I've waited 5.5 years. I bought this car brand new November of 2008. I love this car. For the price, this vehicle can't be beat. I consistently get around 40 mpg and that includes stop and go traffic. I'm also just over 142,000 miles with only replacing the serpentine belt and standard oil changes. I'm still using the original brakes and clutch. The paint is still in excellent condition and the interior still looks great. For a base model, no bells and whistles, great for everyday use, with great reliability, you can't get anything better.

I love having the AUX jack to listen to my Ipod.

My only complaint is the cup holders. They are right below the air vents. I've always disliked that feature.

Another weekend road trip success
By dadinfo

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just did 400 miles I-70 Colorado mountains averaged 70 plus mph 39 to 40 miles per gallon!

Center mount Gages

Dash padding is needed very hard plastics

Lovin' the Yaris
By Bobbi Jones

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is out performing the gas mileage that it's supposed to get! I'm averaging 36.8 to 38.5 miles to the gallon! That's the AVERAGE! It's helping to make the payments with the money that I'm saving. It's cute, fun to drive. If I had to list a negative, I'd say the light gas pedal won't support the weight of my foot and you notice it on a long trip if you don't have cruise control. Not too much else, I'm happy with my purchase!

Exceptional gas mileage, tight turn radius, cute body style.

Weightier gas pedal, arm rest support.

Great on fuel
By convair580

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just took a trip from Spokane to Glacier and setting the cruise control at 60 mph to 70 mph with the AC I got 48 miles per gallon with an automatic transmission! On the way back I got 42 miles per gallon. On the average we get between 35-40 miles per gallon. So why buy a Prius and save money a guy a Yaris.

I like the horsepower for a little engine and the color is great.

I would like to see body trim along the side of the car to help protect it against others banging their door into your car,