Used 2008 Toyota Yaris S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

'08 Yaris, the future of cars
By Chris

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my '08 Yaris, 5 speed for a little over a year. I drive conservatively and average between 37-40 mpg. There is nothing fancy or luxurious about this car, and if you rely on your car to impress your fellow man, this is not for you. But, if your desire is to have affordable, economical, and reliable transportation, image be damned, then you want a Toyota Yaris. This car just keeps running, requiring only gasoline and the 5K mile routine maintenance (oil change, tire pressure check, etc. This is an excellent car and I heartily recommend it to anyone who asks. Buy this car, and you too will have a hard time keeping a straight face when passing the Escalade, Hummer saps.

As Much Fun As My College Convertible
By ByeByeHonda

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had so much fun in a car since I owned a cheap European convertible in college. But this car in no way feels cheap. My seats are fabulously comfortable, I love the interior (fantastic fabric & spacious for 5!!), it handles like the little convertible I so dearly loved, and it's as quiet and smooth as any car I've ever owned, including the $27k gas-guzzler it's replacing. I've put 265 city & highway miles on it in 2 days and the tank is half full! Love it, love it, love it!! I call it my little red "Toy"!! It is everything I was looking for. It is the perfect commuter car!

Seats fit me like a glove; car handles like a champ; interior fabric is fresh and attractive; and there are more cubbies in this car than any I've ever owned (7 cup-holders, 3 glove compartments, 1 smaller compartment, 4 storage nooks, 4 side cubbies, and 2 seat back pockets)! AND great gas mileage!

I appreciate the warning about ice and will watch the fuel gauge. I love the dash but don't like the fuel "cells." But that's it.

Yaris S 18'' Wheels
By barja2008

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. The upgraded interior and exterior in the S package was worth the extra money. My car gets a lot of looks especially with the 18'' wheels. I was getting 38 mpg with the stock wheels, after the 18'' wheels were installed the car dropped to 33 mpg. I am ok with the difference because i was driving a 97 4x4 4runner that was getting 16mpg before the Yaris.

Dash, rear seats, interior room, rarity of the car in my area. Seems everyone is trying to figure out what it is.

The exterior and interior is perfect. I wish that Toyota would offer a 1.8L like they do in other countries.

Got to loooove my Yaris!
By mcgoulkin

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Unbelievable gas mileage. You cannot get any better value for the money. I regularly get stopped by people who are curious about the car and I tell them all the same thing . . . BUY IT! I was a little concerned when I first bought it regarding the size. We are a family of four and we all fit easily and comfortably. Even for long trips. And at 40+ mpg we can actually afford long trips.

Gas mileage obviously, cute factor, price tag, Toyota dependability.

Gas gauge is electronic bars that disappear as your gas disappears. I don't like not knowing when it will go. Also my car does not have an RPM gauge. It's kind of weird driving a standard without one.

Great vehicle
By merrel

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All my life I drove large luxury cars for business and pleasure. Now retired and gas over $4 gal, sold my Jaguar and love this tiny car. High quality, 38-40 mpg, well built! Slight adjustment getting used to. Very economical and fun to drive.