2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
'08 Yaris, the future of cars
By Chris on 01/01/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my '08 Yaris, 5 speed for a little over a year. I drive conservatively and average between 37-40 mpg. There is nothing fancy or luxurious about this car, and if you rely on your car to impress your fellow man, this is not for you. But, if your desire is to have affordable, economical, and reliable transportation, image be damned, then you want a Toyota Yaris. This car just keeps running, requiring only gasoline and the 5K mile routine maintenance (oil change, tire pressure check, etc. This is an excellent car and I heartily recommend it to anyone who asks. Buy this car, and you too will have a hard time keeping a straight face when passing the Escalade, Hummer saps.

As Much Fun As My College Convertible
By ByeByeHonda on 07/26/08 03:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had so much fun in a car since I owned a cheap European convertible in college. But this car in no way feels cheap. My seats are fabulously comfortable, I love the interior (fantastic fabric & spacious for 5!!), it handles like the little convertible I so dearly loved, and it's as quiet and smooth as any car I've ever owned, including the $27k gas-guzzler it's replacing. I've put 265 city & highway miles on it in 2 days and the tank is half full! Love it, love it, love it!! I call it my little red "Toy"!! It is everything I was looking for. It is the perfect commuter car!

Yaris S 18'' Wheels
By barja2008 on 07/14/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. The upgraded interior and exterior in the S package was worth the extra money. My car gets a lot of looks especially with the 18'' wheels. I was getting 38 mpg with the stock wheels, after the 18'' wheels were installed the car dropped to 33 mpg. I am ok with the difference because i was driving a 97 4x4 4runner that was getting 16mpg before the Yaris.

Got to loooove my Yaris!
By mcgoulkin on 06/18/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Unbelievable gas mileage. You cannot get any better value for the money. I regularly get stopped by people who are curious about the car and I tell them all the same thing . . . BUY IT! I was a little concerned when I first bought it regarding the size. We are a family of four and we all fit easily and comfortably. Even for long trips. And at 40+ mpg we can actually afford long trips.

Great vehicle
By merrel on 06/14/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All my life I drove large luxury cars for business and pleasure. Now retired and gas over $4 gal, sold my Jaguar and love this tiny car. High quality, 38-40 mpg, well built! Slight adjustment getting used to. Very economical and fun to drive.

Yaris Uber fun to drive
By Monica on 06/06/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Yaris for about 1 year and a half now, and I LOVE it! Awesome mileage, although the addition of a Turbo would be even more fun. I looked at some competitors, and all things considered, the Yaris was the best bang for the buck! Quiet, *for a sub compact* fun on twisty roads, and super comfortable for someone that's 6' tall like myself. Anyone considering a small car, don't even bother with the competitors. Yaris is it!

Fun with sport
By rwmech on 11/28/07 13:58 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I could only wish that it had a turbo. This thing is fun to drive and handles great. I drive a huge amount of miles and needed economy. This car fit the bill and provided some sport as well. For a subcompact it is very roomy. Handles well and has all the basics. Even without the power package this car satisfies the commuter needs at a fabulous price. I love filling up for 1/2 the cost of my minivan. The sport model gives you a little more in the way of handling. Just a great all around car.

Small but mighty!
By Scott on 11/13/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Yaris is a dream for long-haul commutes. I get over 40 mpg on the highway, and well over 30 mpg just tooling around town. Although small, I never feel cramped inside, and I love the control of the manual transmission. This car has zip when you need it and is sporty for such an inexpensive car. I commute 50 miles per weekday, and find I am filling up about once every 8-11 days. And that's a $30 fill-up! You can't beat this car for price, economy and style. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.