2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
vios
By vios on 06/04/10 23:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about 3 years now, and so far so good, gas mileage is exceptional considering that here in our country a 1.3 engine is available, power is sufficient for me, since i only do city and highway driving. reliability is also great, i drove it 1300 km going to a secluded beach north of our country and back in 4 days.

Better fuel economy than a hybrid!
By R. on 10/19/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I get 40-41 MPG, mostly freeway commuting. Zippy and fun to drive around town, but not a great ride on the freeway (the car is very light and doesn't seem to hug the road well at high speeds). Definitely go for the manual - you'll get a lot more juice out of it AND better gas mileage. I test drove the automatic, and it was sluggish. The base car comes pretty stripped of amenities, but that's probably why the car is so low priced. I put a simple spoiler on mine, and I think it really helps the style.

Some Issues
By sandi on 06/20/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Yaris mainly for reliability and gas mileage and so far the vehicle has been good for this. BUT there are some issues that I wish I had known about before purchase. They are significant enough that I may have chosen another vehicle. 1. You cannot drive with the windows open because of a strange sound effect that hurts your ears. 2. The sounds system is TERRIBLE. 3.Cup holders in TERRIBLE places. 4. Air smells like dirty feet when you turn it on. On last oil change they found NO cabin air filter. 5. Just plain too small. My teens cannot sit in the back seat so we have to take TWO cars on trips. There goes mileage savings.

Awesome in so many ways!
By sconlogue on 04/14/09 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am used to small cars so a Yaris Sedan is not unfamiliar territory. What amazes me every time I get in it is how it has all the things I love about small cars without feeling small. All my other cars felt cheap and cramped. Not the case here. The performance on the manual is impressive for a 1.5L! You get plenty of pep. Now is a great time to buy too, got my 2008 used for almost 2,000 below TVM and I admit, I am no negotiator. I went with base model and I don't miss anything. Nice radio, solid handling, great styling, VERY comfortable. So I have to lock the doors and roll my own windows. Big deal. What a value.

Proved me wrong
By Sidekick on 11/07/08 17:55 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 04 mustang in for a Yaris at first I was unsure but due to gas prices it was a must. After owning driving this car it surprised me. This car packs a lot of PUNCH and gets good fuel economy. 3rd gear makes it fun to drive even more especially up hills. I thought this would be a boring car but it proved me wrong.

2008 Toyota Yaris
By bradford23a on 11/01/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in June of 2008. I had a 2003 Dodge neon which was a gas guzzler in the city at 4.09 per gallon. This car is very nice. I get about 42.9 MPG highway and about 35-36 city. The ride is smooth comparable to my sister's Lexus. The design is really good.

Solid little car
By BrushDog on 09/09/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly for its fuel economy and of course Toyota reliability. It has met all my expectations. I get a consistent 41 mpg on 90% highway driving. It has a surprising amount of interior room for such a small exterior and a huge trunk to boot. I don't understand how Edmunds and other "supposed" car experts review this car so harshly. It was designed to be a solidly built high MPG car without compromising economy. I'll skip the bells and whistles for reliability and a low windowsticker price.

Wow !
By Upstate NY on 08/21/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Yaris to help with commuting back and forth to work which is a 45 mile drive each way. We were using a Durango, which we still have. This vehicle is great with the fit, finish, build, and quality it is like no other!!! I was a GM technician for a long time and have driven every little "Cheese box" under the sun and I tell you this vehicle is no "Cheese box" Toyota really did their home work when they built this vehicle. We bought the lowest priced 4 dr sedan they sell and I love driving it. Gas mileage is 39 mpg when my wife drives it averaging 70-75 mph going down the NYS Thruway and about 34-37 mpg when I drive it, Fun to drive and quiet.

Cheap Car, But Not a Cheap Car!
By DavidinWisconsin on 08/05/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I tried all the small fuel sipper cars before buying a Yaris Sedan. The price/performance/features won the battle for my dollar. Although the Yaris is a very inexpensive auto, it is by no means cheaply made. I'm totally enjoying it!

'08 Yaris
By Alan Buttler on 07/17/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent fuel economy. Have done as well as 42 MPG with 4 adult passengers and a trunk full of luggage. Nice handling. Mostly good visibility.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.