2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: When driving became fun again!

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

When driving became fun again!
By Michael on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I can't recall the last time I found myself looking forward to driving; my Yaris makes my being on the road a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I can only echo others' comments regarding the Yaris' handling, fuel economy (I've been averaging 34 MPG as a city driver) and its inescapable head-turning likeability. I adapted quickly to the center-mounted instrument panel. Variety is the spice! I definitely recommend the Power Package if only for the power-lock amenity. The standard stereo setup that's included in this package is robust enough for me. Friends have all commented on the Yaris' deceptively roomy interior. It seats five, but four seems a more realistic number to expect.

Favorite Features

I love, love, love having an MP3-capable CD player. The sharp turning range is incredible. I'm able to wiggle in and out of tight parking spots very easily. And who doesn't like getting change back from a $20 when filling a gas tank (assuming gas prices stay in the $2.00 ballpark)?

Suggested Improvements

Side impact bags should be standard. Why force a consumer to choose among levels of safety over affordability?