2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Unique Styling, Outstanding Mi

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

Unique Styling, Outstanding Mileage
By micweb on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the type of car I expected from VW - compact, highly efficient, well made, and innovative. Well, I had to go to Toyota to get it, but at least there are a ton of Toyota dealers to get it serviced at! :-) I gave up some creature comforts that I hardly miss - like power windows etc. - but got a great price. This puppy accelerates FAST with a 5 speed. It is more sporty than my old VW Golf! At the same time I am getting 35-37 mpg during this break-in period on my freeway commute. Quiet when cruising. Engine noise when accelerating, but that's the trade off for a sub-2500 pound car that does well in NHTSA, NCAP, and IIHS crash tests. I'm a happy new owner!

Unique styling. Smooth engine with great acceleration (5 speed). Toyota build quality. Great gas mileage. Exceptionally spacious for one, roomy enough for 2. Kids only in back, please!

The "flaps" on the back of the cargo panel dangle down and eat up cargo space. Find a "scuff resistant" plastic material for the lower part of the door. Even using the windows results in scuff marks! Give us the knee and side airbags on the Euro version!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review