2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Style, Comfort and Drive

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Style, Comfort and Drive
By Tyler on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The fit and finish on my liftback was better than expected (even for a Toyota). The doors sound firm and heavy when shut. I am a long time Honda owner (6 total). I think I just converted. The seats are quite comfortable for what is described as entry level. They have enough side stability to keep you in place around tight turns. I fit two- 220+ lb, 6 ft adults in the back seat for an hour ride with no problem. The manual transmission is very responsive and sounds like it should be driven at a higher rpm in 2nd and 3rd compared to what I expected (a tach would be nice). Freeway on ramp acceleration with the manual is quite good. You can u turn on a residential street with feet to spare.

Oil filter is in a great place. Front cupholders directly in front of the a/c vents to cool my drinks (sorry to the coffee drinkers). Stability at 65 MPH. The seats feel of good quality, unlike other entry level cars. Shoulder belt for the middle rear passenger can easily be used by smaller children.

The hatch lock mechanism does not provide any sensory response when locking. You have to push in on the mechanism to make sure it locked. The shifter could be more ergonimical. It doesn't feel right for the responsive drive experienced.