2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Nice car but doesn't hold up i

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Nice car but doesn't hold up in a crash
By jaye_037 on

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it- it has a fun, youthful design, great on gas and is fun & zippy to drive. Beware though- this car does not hold up in a crash. I had a head-on collision in 2009 in a Yaris that caused $10,000 damage to the car and bent the frame beyond repair- and the airbags did not deploy. I contacted Toyota about it and got a canned response stating that I wasn't hit hard enough to set off the airbags - but it was sufficient to bend the frame beyond repair and left me with a concussion from hitting my head among other injuries. When I bought a Corolla my insurance rate dropped considerably due to the lower risk of death or severe disability in the event of a collision..

Safety is lacking in this vehicle. I would never buy another Yaris though I really liked the design of the interior and the fuel efficiency.
By marcyu1
on 05/11/14 19:35 PM (PDT)

If the air bags didn't deploy, you should have contacted an attorney. 6 figures EASILY.