Mini Yota
By cgh on
2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I like small cars and a hatchback is my favorite body style. Having done some online research and discovering that this vehicle had the same drive train as the Scion xA and xB and the same engine as the Prius, I was intrigued. I hunted one down online that was totally devoid of the overpriced options. Having previously owned a Geo Metro I was a bit apprehensive about the acceleration and hill climbing ability of an ultra high mileage car. I took it for a test drive and was I ever surprised! It accelerated and handled like a small sports car, while at the same time having an interior that was roomy with comfortable seats. It was a frugal sports car lovers dream. I bought it the next day.
Favorite Features
This car has a very stiff undercarriage for a small car and also has amazingly precise electric power steering. The acceleration is very good if you know how to safely wind out a 5 speed. I'm getting about 35mpg around town with the ac on and almost 40 mpg on the open road with no ac on.
Suggested Improvements
The windows are very noisy when rolled as much as half way down at highway speeds. It can be quite annoying if you do not have the sound system on. The fit between the hood and the front bumper should be narrowed for cosmetic reasons.