2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Loving the Yaris

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Loving the Yaris
By SFDriver on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my quirky black Yaris liftback for about three months now, and I couldn't be happier. The first couple tanks of gas worried me, because I wasn't getting the mileage I expected, but since then it's been great, between 32 and 40 mpg depending on the mix of driving I'm doing at any given time. I love the styling inside and especially out. Even for an hour-long commute, which I sometimes have to do, the ride is quite comfortable for such a small car. The seats are perfectly comfortable for me. The steering and acceleration are very responsive, which make it fun to drive, not what I expected for such an economical price.

Cute styling, gas mileage, aux audio jack.

Manufacture more with power package, or just make power windows at least standard (the locks are no big deal, imo). With only 2 windows, having hand-cranks isn't much of a big deal, but feels unnecessarily old-school without any retro coolness.