2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Liftback Lover

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Liftback Lover
By No Regrets on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris liftback about 2 years ago, and it's the first car that never gave me buyer's remorse. I've owned luxury cars, 4x4s, station wagons, sedans, and sports cars. Every one of them forced me to compromise. I'm in a band, and I can fit a Marshall half-stack, 2 JBL monitor cabs, 4 guitars, a bag of cords, a change of clothes, and my girlfriend in my Yaris. Usually, five can ride comfortably. It's so good on gas, I sometimes forget which side the gas cap's on. This car is the perfect blend of economy, utility, and style. Complete strangers are so fascinated by it, they strike up conversations with me in parking lots. With rising fuel costs, this car is the way to go.

Fuel economy, go-kart handling, incredible cargo/passenger capacity for its size. It has 3 glove boxes, iPod jack, and more cubbies and cupholders than I know what to do with. Although the center-mounted controls and gauges took me a couple weeks to get used to, I haven't had any disappointments.

There is significant road noise at highway speeds. Maybe a more powerful stereo would drown it out. That's about it.