It just doesn't die !
By sheeep on
2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.
Favorite Features
Dash cup holder keeps me on the road while getting my drink and driving Very fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. No steering fluid (electronic steering system instead). No clutch fluid (shared with brake fluid).
Suggested Improvements
Road noise. This is not about the car itself. It's just insulation. They are so cheap on putting insulation in the car.(I ripped all plastic panel inside, so I know !) Head rests are stupidly designed.