I love my Yaris too!
By Andy K. on
2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
The Yaris Liftback is the first car I've owned (5th total) that I truly LOVE. It looks small, compact, and stylin' from the outside, yet it's literally HUGE on the inside. None of my passengers can believe how much room there is until they've sat in it. The steering is silky smooth and responsive, the engine is surprisingly good for something quite small, and the interior design is amazing. Toyota did an amazing job with this design. It's main use for me is city life/city driving (5 people fit no problem), but we've also taken it on road trips and it's been very nice (for 2 people) as the back seat folds down for a ton of added trunk space. I've been getting almost 40 mpg on the highway. A+ !
Favorite Features
Thoughtful interior layout makes it easy to keep things tidy. Oodles of small compartments (3 glove boxes!). Smooth steering and turn radius. MP3 player aux jack (with perfect size partition for my cased-in iPod to sit in right next to it). SEVEN cup holders. Top notch air-conditioner that cools FAST.
Suggested Improvements
Not quite used to the speedometer being in the center of the console (digital speed display would be helpful). Would be nice to be able to fold down just one of the backseats instead of both if more storage is needed but you still have back passengers. Back seat only accessible from passenger side.