2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Fun, Fun, Fun

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fun, Fun, Fun
By dinhcara on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota, but not my first micro vehicle. I've owned an 850 Fiat coupe, as well as a Renault 4CV. They were a blast to drive, and probably the reason that I was not intimidated by light-weight small cars. Those cars were much lighter than this one. Oh sure, it can be a little twitchy in the corners and on the hi-way when there's a big cross wind. And the engine, though very competent, is no Z-28 302. But for "Fun to Drive", this one is right up there. The electric power steering just feels right. It has the optional 15" tires, just to let you know. It has a secure feeling, probably due to the long wheelbase for its size. People sit up high -- nothing claustrophobic.

Very ergonomic, that is, easy to get in and out of, see out of, use of controls; unique -- not too many hatchbacks yet, or Yarises in general; Toyota quality (I hope); gas mileage (35 overall); did I mention handling? I like the location of the cup holders; oil changes are easy.

I kind of wanted a tachometer, but, hey, it's better to watch the road, and it has a rev limiter, anyway. If the air conditioner has an odor, then move the control for outside air. There is a turbo kit from Toyota, and a lowering kit. Can't stand that! I really need to save my money (and license).